cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 on CUCM and Video Calls are not secure

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DX80 connected to CUCM and when I receive a call from outside (via expressway) the video is not encrypted. Any ideas as to why? Devices connected to the VCS receive encrypted calls without issue. See call flow below:

External Entity > VCS-E > VCS-C > CUCM (9.1) > DX80

Thanks

RB

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

Is your CUCM configured in mixed mode?

If not, then signaling and media on the leg between VCS-C and DX80 will not be secure.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Does this happen for all external video calls, or just some?

It could be that the remote endpoint doesn't support encryption or they have it disabled.

Jonathan Unger
Level 7
Level 7

Hi There,

Is your CUCM configured in mixed mode?

If not, then signaling and media on the leg between VCS-C and DX80 will not be secure.

It is not. We have some downtime scheduled for next week. So looks like i will flip that switch then.

Thanks everyone for your input.

RB

Hi Richard,

Not sure if you are aware, but please note that turning up mixed mode pre CUCM 10.0(1) is a little bit more involved that just flipping a CLI switch.

There are also some restrictions in older versions such as lack of Auto-registration support.

This is the link to the CUCM 9.1 security guide.
guide http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/9_1_1/secugd/CUCM_BK_C0395F44_00_cucm-security-guide-91.pdf 

Jonathan,

Thanks for the feed back. Luckily we are jumping to 11.5 on the Feb 6th. so we are going to do it then.

woot!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: