cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 Registered to CUCM 11.5 SIP URI issue/question

richard Beck
Level 1
Level 1

I have Several DX80s registered to CUCM 11.5. When they connect to CUCM they register with the phoneext@internaldomain.org. The device is connected to the users profile and can be dialed via their normal SIP address (their email). However, TMS list the unit as phoneext@internaldomain.org in the phonebooks. I would like to have the device be listed with either the users SIP (email) or phoneext@externaldomain.com. How do I fix that? When I manually change the SIP URI on the device It will not register with a 404 not found/not configured error in the DX80.

Any ideas on how to clean this up? Is this normal behavior?

Thanks!

RB

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Level 4
Level 4

ON the CUCM configure the top level domain as external domain under enterprise parameter and then try to register it again.

Anyways its always a good practice to register them with external domain, so that when the call is established to external organization correct URI is sent across and they should be able to dial you back without any transformations.

Regards,

Alok

Alok,

Thanks for that info. What are the impacts of changing that parameter?

I can't tell you the exact impact without knowing the infrastructure and your configuration.

However i personally hadn't encountered any specific issue as such. May ve someone else can pitch in and share their experience. But

its always good to have top level domain configured and register the endpoints with that domain.

Rgds,

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: