Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies
ogaldona
Beginner

DX80 touch screen is unresponsive - CSCus38877

Conditions:
Due to hardware issues with the touch controller calibration causes the screen to be unresponsive and can cause phantom touches on the screen.

The phantom touches is what is bugging me since it keeps bringing up the voice menu over and over again. After the upgrade to 8.3.1, two of the three DX80's have this issue and is very distracting. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there a new workaround besides having to unplug HDMI and rebooting every time?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCus38877/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

28 REPLIES 28

How do you safely open the unit?

You need to remove the 2 screws that are part of the stand.  Then you remove the plastic feet at the bottom of the unit to reveal 2 more screws.  After that, you'll need a flathead screwdriver (can scratch) or use something like a guitar pick or something like these plastic opening tools used for phone repair (https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Tools/Prying_and_Opening).  You then use that tool to wedge the plastic apart around the edges and work your way around the entire device until you can pull the back off.

You'll want to do this with the screen side down on a flat table.

Thank you.

Well, not sure it is worth the trouble anymore. I opened the unit and unplugged the ribbon cable for the touchscreen.  My intent was to now just use as a second monitor.  Although, when I powered on now, it is just stuck on the main screen (running CE).  Upon plugging in a HDMI from the computer to project on as a monitor, it does not recognize it.  

I opened the unit back up and plugged the cable back in and then it works as a monitor again, but has the same touchscreen issues where it is flashing the call screen (overlaying monitor view) extremely often.

--

Kyle

Yea, the CE code won't even boot up with the ribbon cable unplugged and also doesn't have the keyboard/mouse control.

You have to move back to Android firmware to get full functionality with the touch screen controller unplugged.

Ok.   Thanks.

Well, not sure it is worth the trouble anymore. I opened the unit and unplugged the ribbon cable for the touchscreen.  My intent was to now just use as a second monitor.  Although, when I powered on now, it is just stuck on the main screen (running CE). Upon plugging in a HDMI from the computer to project on as a monitor, it does not recognize it.

I opened the unit back up and plugged the cable back in and then it works as a monitor again, but has the same touchscreen issues where it is flashing the call screen (overlaying monitor view) extremely often. Kyle

Hey All,

I have a DX80 with touch screen issue. After boot it will act like the touch is either always engaged until it becomes unresponsive. I recently found this part: https://www.yoycart.com/Product/563715150201/LG_sis9250b0gax3_sis9203-lge_23-v04_Driv

and replaced it in the unit today and did a factory reset. The unit is better, but i am unable to get the keyboard up to enter a spark registration code. Is there a way to get into any sort of diagnotic mode?

Thank you Jason for trying that board replacement.

I will buy one and try it later.

I bought a board and replaced it today, no lucky! The touch screen become fully unresponsive, it sometimes responsive before replace.

have been able to get a DX650 running Android code connected to a console running Android Test Bridge. Has anyone done this for the DX80? I was going to try and downgrade it from CE (which i heard works from 8.0.2) but i lost my copy of the Android firmware :(

Hi to anyone at Cisco or in the world on this.

I have 2 units that have this problem. Ghost touching and the other completely unresponsive. No Cisco support.

Seems madness that its all due to a CE upgrade. 

But has anyone successfully DIY fixed this issue out there?

Does a new controller actually work?

Is it a SW downgrade?

Thanks for any help.

I opened it up and disconnected the 4 ribbon cables connected to the touch screen board and the unit works.   I didn't disconnect the touch screen board from the main board but instead the 3 or 4 brown ribbons connect to the touch screen board (sis9250b0gax3).  The DX80 now boots up fine but, obviously, the touch screen doesn't work.  You could use it as a 2nd monitor and control the VC part of the system through the web interface or xAPI.

Hope this help.

Colin

Im facing same issue with my DX80 after upgrading device from Android to newest CE9.15 firmware for using Webex. The only positive thing is the new USB Keyboard feature. Now you can attach a keyboard and create macros for each function and map to different Keys.

It would be nice when cisco add the possibility to pair a Touch 10 device with DX80.

Not everyone can RMA the device.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad