Views
Helpful
Replies

DX80 upgrade to CE8.3.1 Failed

RITT
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Tried to upgrade a DX80 from Android 10-2-5-152 to CE8.3.1 using the CUCM (ver:10.5.2.14901-1) method below:-

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce82/dx80-dx70-convert-between-CE-android-based-software.pdf

Something has gone wrong. The DX80 is no longer booting up. All it does is display the Cisco logo then the screen goes blank, then the Cisco logo displays again. This sequence repeats. The network interface isn't coming up either (LED on switch no longer lights)

Have tried powering on while holding the volume up, and have tried holding the volume down as per the videos. Even tried the small reset button on the rear but still get the same problem.

Is there any way of recovering from this?

6 Replies 6

erik ramos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Andrew,

I have updated and i used version sipdx80.10-2-5-207 for android before upgrade and works fine

Try to use this version (sipdx80.10-2-5-207).

Tks.,

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The version of Android software you were running prior to migrating to CE software is too low, and most likely the cause of the issue, per the guide you should be running 10.2.5.212 or later.

If a factory reset isn't working, and there is no connectivity via IP, you can try connecting via serial over micro USB (115200 bps, 8 data bits, no parity and 1 stop bit).  If you still can't gain access to the endpoint, you should contact TAC as the unit would most likely need to be replaced because it's in a failed non-working state.

Thanks for all your replies. 

Patrick, is there a windows driver for the usb console?

I believe the drivers are preloaded on the endpoint, but I've never been successful at connecting via the USB console port.  The documentation is very lacking in regards to the console port.

Have tried USB console but not getting a command prompt. The DX80 is not initialising its network port either. This endpoint is going to have to returned, unfortunately.

Thanks to all the contributers for their responses.

Sushant Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Kindly check  below simple steps to convert Android to CE software

• First Upgrade to latest version of Android. ( I was doing with current firmware and it got failed to me . So first make sure you will upgrade to 10.2.5.212 or later)
  • Check cucm phone types  you should get options to add Cisco TelePresence DX70 and Cisco TelePresence DX80 . if you are not  getting these options update the device pack
  • Before migration  Install this cop file, cmterm-synergy-ce8_3_1_no_defaults.cop.sgn, on TFTP Servers  and restart the TFTP service
  • Access the Android based DX80 through cucm Phone page  and Enter the name of the CE software package in the Phone Load Name input field.
  • Click save and apply config  . it will take 10-20 minutes to upgrade from Android to CE don’t click on any manual option if you are using option 150 .

Now delete android based DX80 from cucm and add manually device type as a Cisco Telepresence DX80

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: