Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge 95 audio capabilities

jasonhopp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to telepresence, so my question might be basic.

I am looking to put in an edge 95 system.  If I plug in two stereo speakers into the back, will the telepresence be able to push the audio through the speakers without an extra amp or receiver?

Plus, what type of speakers are recommended and I need a ceiling mic to with the system.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Hopp                  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you already have this system? As they are end if life. As you talk about integration you would need

to go to a C40 or better.

Regards your questions, these are not amplified ports, but you can use active speakers or some sound system.

I do not have any recommendations regards speakers / mics, but most likely somebody else has.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you already have this system? As they are end if life. As you talk about integration you would need

to go to a C40 or better.

Regards your questions, these are not amplified ports, but you can use active speakers or some sound system.

I do not have any recommendations regards speakers / mics, but most likely somebody else has.

Thanks for you reply on this.  This will me quite a bit.

Jason Hopp

Hello Jason,

thank you for rating and setting it to answered.

Short additional comment, the Edge series as also defined as a stand alone, non integrators

product, but it came with XLR microphone plugs so it was easy to integrate an external microphone.

The SX20 or C20 come with special microphones which have to be used. There were some

reports that you can "hack" other microphones to it, but I would not recomend that as you will

not know if this damages the system on the long run, it would not be supported by Cisco anyhow.

The C40 comes with the right kind of interfaces and audio adjustment capabilities.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/physical_interface_guide/codec-c40_physical_interface_guide.pdf

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/profile-series/tc6/administration_guide/profile_c60-c40_and_codec_c60-c40_administrator_guide_tc60.pdf

C60 and C90 are similar but have more power / connectors. You can find more info on the Cisco site.

Ask your local Cisco Partner to help you.

Good success,

Martin