cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Edge 95 MXP Firmware Upgrade

thomas.burch
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently come into an operation using a legacy Tandberg Edge 95. The firmware on the unit, from what I can tell has never been updated. It is currently running F6.0. I have downloaded the F9.0.2 pkg but I am unfamiliar with this procedure. Can anyone assist or point me to an insturctional site on updating this unit?

1 Accepted Solution
15 Replies 15

Where may I obtain that? From Cisco?

yes from Cisco, try licensing@cisco.com or any account manager you may have.

Hi Gubadman :

Where can I find release key ,

I want to upgrade my TANDBERG Edge 95MXP

from F9.1.2 NTSC to s50001f9_3_3

Felix Lee 

You shouldn't need a new release key going from one dot release to another. However, you can look these up on the Cisco Licensing Portal; click on "Get other licences" and choose "Telepresence Software Release Key" and go from there.

If you can't access the above, then you can also ftp into the system, open "user" folder and you should then see a file called relkeys.v1 which will hold the last three release keys.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as 'answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

​Dear Cisco :

I login and find a files , Please see attached , but key not work

relkeys.v1 : 60001610720767092763577913475602

Felix Lee

if I want to update my 95mxp software from version 9.0.2 to 9.3.4. Do I require licenses? should I reload the keys?

You do not require a release key. Dot upgrades such as F9.0.x to F9.3.x do not require a release key, a release keys is only needed if you go from one major version to another, ie: F8 to F9. Option keys will remain through the software upgrade, the only time they will be removed is during a factory reset.

Recommend you look into upgrading any older endpoints to newer products available, the MXP endpoints are quite old and full of security vulnerabilities, they software is no longer being supported anymore, and the hardware is soon to not be supported as well, if not already.

Patrick:

thanks for your response.  just make the update I will comment. Thank you again. regards

patrick:

Good afternoon, try to make the update via web and FTP but in both I throw error.
By web throws an error 500 on the website.
By FTP, I followed what the configuration guide indicates, but it also throws a connection error.
I searched for information about the fault and did not find much to solve the problem.

attach images of the errors.
I would really appreciate it if you could help me.

Appears you have the "security" option key, check to see if the endpoint supports encryption: System Status > System Information. If encryption = true, than you're trying to install the incorrect software file (s50001f9_3_4.pkg) which is for endpoints that do not support encryption, you should be installing s50000f9_3_4.pkg instead.

As @Patrick Sparkman said, it appears you are trying to install the "No Encryption" version on an endpoint that is currently running the "With Encryption" version.

You can check this by doing an "xstatus systemunit software name" command via the CLI.  This will tell you the correct software load, which, being the "With Encryption" verison, should show as follows:

xstatus systemunit software name
*s SystemUnit:
Software:
Name: "s50000"
*s/end

OK

So, you will need to download and install the s50000f9_3_4.pkg.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

estimated: try to install the version indicated s50000f9_3_4.pkg and I throw the same error via web and ftp.

It could be that the internal flash in the endpoint has become faulty.  You'd need to arrange an RMA with TAC under a service contract to get that fixed.

If you don't have a service contract, it may not be worth renewing an expired one at this point in time as the MXPs go completely end of support in a couple of months time.  It may be a better idea to replace the endpoint with a newer device.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: