Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling chat on Cisco meeting server version 2.2.8

eliegerges
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I am trying to enable chat using API i was able to set messageBoardEnabled = true.

But in the next step how can i set the callProfile to be the default Global Profile in /api/v1/system/profiles?

How can i access to this directory to change what it must be changed ?

Thank you in advance.

Elie Gerges

6 Replies 6

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
When you set messageBoardEnabled to true, it should have created a call profile with a unique GUID, you need to take the GUID of this call profile and PUT it to /system/profiles, refer to the section of the API guide that Jaime provided. Also, take a look at section 14, it gives an example of the structure of the API and their relationship to the top level profiles referenced under /system/profiles.

Hello Patrick,

I did exactly what you have said, and plus i uploaded an image where i used the callProfile id (below) to PUT it in /system/profiles.

How can i be sure that the global call Profile is now the one i put.

Unfortunately, it is still not working.

Elie

case resolved

Glad you were able to get it working!
Looking at your screenshot, when you PUT the GUID to /system/profiles, you didn't tell it to insert it to the callProfiles field, see below:

callProfiles=d66db3fc-c9fb-47c5-82c9-1f14aed1a020

you have to use postman, you have to use the put method in postman, and in the attachment you can find the screenshot which i used to enable chat

1.jpg2.jpg