cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

enter a passcode when dialing from c40 ISDN

omarkhan1
Level 1
Level 1

I am dialing into a Codian system from a C40 using ISDN. After you connect the codian is looking for a passcode followed by a #, how do I do this?

Also is it possible to enter a number with pauses and the passcode in the contact book.

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

1.Just use the keypad on the remote or touchpanel and enter the passcode (pin) there.

2. No, this is not possible as there is no signalling standard for this.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

We do not have a touchpanel and when we enter the code on the remote it does not do anything. I tried bringing up the virtual keyboard but it won't come up when it is "InCall"

I am thinking that this may have to do with in-band and out-band DTMF issues. My C40 is connected to a Cisco Telepresence ISDN Link with 3 BRIs, I belive I need to have in-band DTMF in order for the codian unit to see it, how can I set this up?

You need to press the # key to enter touch tone mode (DTMF) in a call.

You can then enter the pin.

Press the Tick key when done.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/endpoint/remote_control/quick_reference_guide/remote_control_trc5_quick_reference_guide.pdf

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.