[ 0] [** ] Determining base directory
[ 0] [*** ] Determining install directory
[ 0] [**** ] Verifying copfile
[ 11] [***** ] Extracting copfile
Failed finding package to install

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
VIP Advisor

If you are using the web interface to perform this upgrade there is an issue going from a pre CE9.8.2/CE9.9.1 version due to the file size.

As per the Release Notes, if you need to upgrade one of the older software releases, you will need to do a stepped upgrade to first upgrade to CE9.8.2/CE9.9.1 first (i'd suggest CE9.9.4 as an available version) before trying to go to CE9.10+.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Highlighted

Hi Wayne.
I'm having the same problem. A brand new (recently unboxed Webex Codec Pro) that we were unable to install last year because of the pandemic. It comes with version 9.7.1. The thing is that versions 9.8.X and 9.9.X are deferred and no longer available for download.

I have tried with versions 9.12.4 and 9.12.5 and it gives the "installation failed" error after processing the file.

Any chance to get deferred versions?

Thanks!

Regards,

Highlighted

Janower - according to the release notes, if you push the software upgrade from CUCM you won't have this problem - it's only when upgrading via the web GUI. Do you have that option? If so I'd try that. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/software/ce9/release-notes/ce-software-release-notes-ce9.pdf

Highlighted

Hey Patrick.

Thanks for your reply.

Since we don't have these endpoints registered in CUCM, this was not an option.

I ended up googling and downloading an old/deferred version (CE9.9.1) from another source, upgraded to that version (after double checking file hashes), and then to the latest (CE9.14.5).

I know Cisco encourages to keep devices up-to-date, but for cases like these, where the devices were left unboxed for a year, they should at least leave a "viable/middle" version available for download and jump from there.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Alejandro Janower

Highlighted

many of those deferred releases were done so due to software vulnerabilities. Because of this particular issue though - they should have one available version that will fix the problem. Glad you got it worked out. 

Highlighted

I have same error when upgrade, could you share how to download CE9.9.1, thanks.

Highlighted

CE9.10.1 is smaller than the maximum file size so it can be used for this purpose instead of the older deferred release. 

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.
Highlighted

Hi Wayne.

The oldest release available for download from Cisco is CE9.12.4 (at least for the Plus and Pro endpoints).

CE9.10.1 does not even appear under deferred releases.

Regards,

Alejandro

Highlighted
Enthusiast

If you don't already have CE9.8, or CE9.10 and can not download it because it's deprecated reach out to TAC to request version so you can upgrade.

We had the same issue where we purchased 100s of units and they all have old CE code due to pandemic been sitting in storage.  Now we install and they have 9.7.  I got lucky and had both CE9.8 and CE9.10 from previous years.

Content for Community-Ad