Views
Helpful
Replies

Error messages

Bob Fitzgerald
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there!

I was hoping to get some clarification on some error messages I have been seeing.

This error is one I've seen on various C-series endpoints running TC5.1.x.

I've seen the following two lines in relation to calls where one side or the other (or both) aren't getting audio/video, and also when a MultiSite call fails to establish on the third participant;

Feb  7 15:02:03 (none) main: E OLCSE error: D

Feb  7 15:02:03 (none) main:  1119954.189121140 !H245LO-0 <- FSM_TIMER-0 H245LO_OLcse_T103  S:Ready

Just what is the E OLCSE error: D?  The second line looks like it deals with a probelm in the capset exchange.

This error was taken from a VCS-E running X7.2.1

The second error that I'm trying to shine the light on is the following;

MH_FAILURE_REASON_INCORRECT_CONFIGURATION

This was from a Traversal SIP call that, after this error showed up in the VCS-E DEBUG level Network Diagnostic log, interworked to H323 to connect the call.  I've gone over the VCS config for hours and feel like it should be ok.  Would the VCS throw this error for an error on the VCS, or from an error detected on the network?  I apologize for not providing more of the log around the error, I grabbed this part through a webex and haven't received the full log yet.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bob,

I can maybe help you out on the first error which is endpoint related. OLCSE is Outgoing Logical Channel Signaling Entity. It is related to the signalling between opening & closing logical channels which is a part of H.245. I believe this error is pointing out to a problem in opening the channels for media, atleast that is what I could think of since the information is limited.

Hope an expert on VCS can answer your second question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

View solution in original post

Hi Bob.  Did you recently upgrade this VCS-E?  Reboot the unit and see if the problem comes back to you?

This is an interworking error with the media half implementation when interworking takes place. Seen this in a previous case to where the user didn't reboot after upgrade and reboot cleared it.  This is why the timer is tripping on the endpoint and the call is failing as the VCS may not be submitting OLC or OLC ACK to open media.  If you reboot and still have the problem, open an SR and we can take a further look. 

VR

Patrick

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Bob,

I can maybe help you out on the first error which is endpoint related. OLCSE is Outgoing Logical Channel Signaling Entity. It is related to the signalling between opening & closing logical channels which is a part of H.245. I believe this error is pointing out to a problem in opening the channels for media, atleast that is what I could think of since the information is limited.

Hope an expert on VCS can answer your second question.

Thanks

Mubashshir Akhtar

TelePresence Solution Group

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hi Bob.  Did you recently upgrade this VCS-E?  Reboot the unit and see if the problem comes back to you?

This is an interworking error with the media half implementation when interworking takes place. Seen this in a previous case to where the user didn't reboot after upgrade and reboot cleared it.  This is why the timer is tripping on the endpoint and the call is failing as the VCS may not be submitting OLC or OLC ACK to open media.  If you reboot and still have the problem, open an SR and we can take a further look. 

VR

Patrick

Thanks for the info guys!  Haven't talked to either of you in awhile, I hope you're doing well.

Mubashir, that is exactly what I've been trying to track down for the cases where I've seen this.

Patrick, just as I read your response I got an email from the customer saying he rebooted the VCS-E and it seems to be working now.  While we were working on it yesterday, I could have sworn that we rebooted both VCSes, but maybe I'm misremembering and we only rebooted the VCS-C.  That wasn't their only issue, but it was the only one we had left.  They did upgrade from X5.1 to X7.2.1 recently.

Once again, thanks fellas!  Have a great weekend!