cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Event Failed: Check for Software Updates

BrianHorgan
Level 1
Level 1

This is slightly different than the other posts in that it's not the download itself that's failing, but the connection to the download server and only at certain times of the day (midnight). I suspect there's something else running at that time that's causing the error. How do I change the time that TelePresence checks for updates to see if that corrects the issue?

Here's a bit of the logs:

8/25/2012 12:27 AM - Download completed successfully:

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/endpoints/tc/tc5/s52010tc5_1_4.pkg

8/25/2012 12:27 AM - Downloading new software:

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/vcs/x7/s42700x7_2_0.tar.gz

8/25/2012 12:32 AM - Download completed successfully:

http://ftp.tandberg.com/pub/software/vcs/x7/s42700x7_2_0.tar.gz

8/25/2012 12:32 AM - Update check completed successfully

8/25/2012 12:32 AM - Event completed successfully

8/27/2012 12:00 AM - Event executed by ABURPTMS01

8/27/2012 12:00 AM - Software update check started. Connecting to the update service.

8/27/2012 12:01 AM - Update check failed. Please see system logs for details. Note that TMS must have internet access to contact the software update service.

8/27/2012 12:01 AM - The event failed to complete. Details: Update check failed. Please see system logs for details. Note that TMS must have internet access to contact the software update service.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Go to admin tools --> configuration --> network settings

Then go to the bottom to the "Automatic update check". Sett this to No and then back to Yes

The update check should start within 3-5 minutes. It will now run every 2 days at the timestamp you set the automatic update check to Yes and not 12:00 am any more unless you re-enable it at 12:00 am someday...

/Magnus

View solution in original post

Hi Magnus.

Thanks for quick response. I was thinking, that the next update will be after 48h from the last update, but I was lazy to wait:-)

Thank you very much.

Richard

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I wonder if there's something going on with the update server itself at the moment as my update check was completed successfully on the 25th, but failed on the 27th and and again today the 29th - which corresponds to what you're seeing.

My update time is shown as 8.47am (GMT +10hrs).

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Hi all.

I have same behaviour. If I run check for sw updates manually(disable and enable this in the configuration menu) all is working.

So i think, that the problem is at the server side. My TMS is in the GMT+1 timezone and update check was in the 12:00am.

Do you know how to change time for  "software update check"?

Thx.

Richard

Hi

Go to admin tools --> configuration --> network settings

Then go to the bottom to the "Automatic update check". Sett this to No and then back to Yes

The update check should start within 3-5 minutes. It will now run every 2 days at the timestamp you set the automatic update check to Yes and not 12:00 am any more unless you re-enable it at 12:00 am someday...

/Magnus

Hi Magnus.

Thanks for quick response. I was thinking, that the next update will be after 48h from the last update, but I was lazy to wait:-)

Thank you very much.

Richard

Winner! This was one of those "All the King's Horses..." situations. You're a life saver. Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: