Views
Helpful
Replies

Event notifications being generated and sent to EWS account for TMSXE

shawn.kennedy30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

My EWS account that was setup for TMSXE is recieving scheduling event notifications and I'm trying to figure out how to disable it.  When I go to Systems -> Event Notification Management and to the TMSXE account, it's not configured to receive any notifications.  Yet it does.

If I add notifications for other events (such as Boot), the TMSXE account receives emails for rebooted machines as well as Scheduling events. 

It seems as though TMS is stuck with the idea it has to send this information to the TMSXE account.  Is this a behaviour of the Exchange integration with TMSXE?  Can it be turned off?

Thanks,

Shawn

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey

This happens if you enable the tmsxe user as 'Exchange integration user' there is a checkbox if you edit the user. Just uncheck it. This setting will be removed in one of the future tms releases because its not used anymore.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey

This happens if you enable the tmsxe user as 'Exchange integration user' there is a checkbox if you edit the user. Just uncheck it. This setting will be removed in one of the future tms releases because its not used anymore.

/Magnus

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will not have any effect on you tmsxe setup to disable this setting on the user.

The tmsxe account (service user) should not have an e-mail address either in tms. So there is 2 options, remove e-mail address, or disable the users exch integration account setting.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: