cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX/C Series Endpoints downloading software via CUCM

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

I recently uploaded the cop.sgn files for C Series endpoints into my CUCM.  I can see it has populated the device defaults within CUCM.  I haven't reset the TFTP services on CUCM but instead just rebooted one of the endpoints to see if it would download (this works for DX series).  It hasn't downloaded the software on the C series CUCM registered endpoints.  I even went to an individual endpoint and pasted the default phone load on CUCM.  Zero results on both avenues.  Any idea on how to ensure a C or EX series endpoints download it's TC software from CUCM?  I don't want to navigate to each endpoint's web gui to manually update software.  Any help would be beneficial.  Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried restarting the tftp serice?

Please rate all useful posts

No I have not.  I mentioned that above.  I know typically you would have to do that but resetting one the phone would cause it to reach out to download anyways.  Thanks for the response.

Darin Walker
Level 1
Level 1

Recently updated CUCM from 9.1.2 to 10.5.  C series endpoints now downloads software via CUCM as it should.  Strangely it will download software from CUCM even if the device is up to date out of the box during first time initial CUCM registration.  I'm assuming to ensure it's received a legit software load.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: