cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 Configuration Template

bshirey91
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to create a basic configuration template in TMS, that will load the essential, non-unique, identifiers, on our EX60 machines. I am confused on how to go about this. 

Do I have to go through configuration template and manually add all the of the fields I would like to be in the template? Can I not download a template and upload to tms configuration templates, or use a previously configured model to serve as a template?  I have also attempted to copy xml code from an existing unit into a template's custom command field, but when "set on systems" it failed.

I downloaded a schema for the unit and uploaded through tms>systems>provisioning, but this is not able to be applied to units since it is not in the configuration template.

I have over 150 ex60's setup, but I've gone through the units unique web portals to set them up. I am just looking for a faster way to managed the intial config/setup/settings on the units. 

Thanks for the help! 

4 Replies 4

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have not seen the custom template you did, but that should be an option as well.

It might be that you hit a value which is not liked, or you have something wrong in the

syntax. Looking at the log files might give you some more input.

You should not paste the complete xml syntax, just what you need.

Also the initial setup, how many parameters do you really need? I would add these parameters to a template and then fill the template with the additional parameters.

What I often find easier than to use the template (as we anyhow have most systems behind firewall)

Is to have a xconfig textfile which can be pasted in to the endpoint via ssh / serial console.

You can also do that via http-api, or even the regular admin-web-interface

The above ways can be easily scripted.

In the text file I first disable all provisioning and settings towards TMS, configure the needed parameters and at the end activate the TMS connection. That works very well for us.

But there are definitely different approaches to this issue which will help you to fix your task.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I downloaded a schema for the unit and uploaded through tms>systems>provisioning, but this is not able to be applied to units since it is not in the configuration template.

Are you wanting to provision these EX60s to specific users, or use them as standalone system managed by TMS?

The method you mentioned in your comment above is to provision them to specific users, and have those users enter there username/password into the device.

The other method to use if you're trying to manage them directly using TMS is located here:

Systems > Configuration Templates.

It depends on what he meant. There is the XML configuration which you can download from an endpoint and then there is the XML template for TMSPE.

Both are different and for the specific usage. I would not deploy endpoints with TMSPE if its not really really necessary. 

Best would be anyhow to look into using CUCM

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

deeptiswain
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the parameter you want to configure for the Ex-60? You can easily write a custom command to achieve this. The custom command you are trying probably contains some error and that may be the reason of your failure. Can you please let me know what you want to configure and I can give you the process to build the custom command for that.

Regards,

-Deepti