Views
Helpful
Replies

EX60 Error

Neelesh Bhoola
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings

Has anybody seen this error on a EX60 before, the endpoint was switched off for few days when user switched on to make call it lost http response in TMS, after several re-boot I can get to the web-interface via https:// but get this error – Software Version: TC5.0.1.275220 

Error

Codec not responding The codec is currently not responding. Possible reasons for this includes:

•A reboot is in progress.

•One or more of the required services has crashed.

EX60.png

Many Thanks

Neelesh

6 Replies 6

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Neelesh

Few question I would like to ask:

Is that happen all the time after reboot?

When you restart it gets only to this point or its keep rebooting?

Do you have CLI access?

What message do you see on touch pad?

Thanks

Rafal

mubakhta
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Neelesh,

It seems that your endpoint has gone into Maintenance Mode. This happens when it is not able to load the main tandberg application is not able to load up. Try logging using SSH or Telnet and one of the options you'll see are factoryreset & selectsw.

Here's a description on the following options:

factoryreset: Used to restore the codec to factory default settings

selectsw:     Used to switch to another image in the endpoint. Syntax : selectsw (image1 or image2) which ever is inactive..

I would recommend that you first try factory default command and if you're still not able to boot into the device, then try hitting selectsw to see which one is active and which to the one which is inactive.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hello,

maintenance mode also allows a user to "see" what's going on by retrieving the logfiles, so please. when in maintenance mode, get all the logfiles using the command "log" and capture all the data to a file so TAC can check why we ended up in maintenance mode in the first place PRIOR to do selectsw or do factoryreset to delete all evidence of the issue!!!!

Hello,

looking at this again I noticed following : TC5.0.1.275220.

I think maintenance shell only got implemented starting release TC5.1.0.

Perhaps the EX60 just has crashed so the main tandberg application is not available, i.e. no WEB access.

Can we access the EX60 via ssh ??

Thanks guys for the response, unfortunately  I do not have SSH the unit or telnet, as this is a home user, I am getting user to bring the unit to the office hopefully today will keep you posted

Hi Guys

We cannot get the unit to our offices yet and we have rasied TAC ticket.

Thanks for your Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: