cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 drops every 15 minutes

dc8201
Level 1
Level 1

I have an EX90 using SIP that drops every 15 minutes during a VTC. Everything works fine but after 15 minutes it drops. What is the root of this issue?

Could this be a firmware issue? I am using version TC 7.7.7c84180a. What is the latest firmware and how do I download it.

For Security, I was told to turn on Fibs. I see Fibs as being turned off in System Configuration but can't make any changes. How do I make changes?

5 Replies 5

Hello,

Probably it's network or fw issue.

After 15 minutes EX90 by default send re-Invite to extend session duration.

But CUCM don't recive this message and session close.

BR Oleksandr

hi,

if you have a firewall in between, please check the TCP connection timeout configuration and SIP session timer.  Please check and  increase the call manager service parameter SIP session Exprire timer. (default is 1800s  eq to 15min)

you may find many discussuon thread on the topic in this support forum.

Regards,

dc8201
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed that the video drops after 15 minutes (it turns black) while in a conference and the audio keeps on going. I dont think this is a firewall issue. What would cause this issue and how would I remedy this issue.

Hi dc, 

Did you check the call manager settings? 

Video Calls to Video Device Drop after 15 min 

Regards, 

Shalid 

Hi

If audio keeps on going it may be trouble with SDP in Re-Invite processes.

You can check SIP Profile for your endpoints or Trunk. Maybe change SIP Refresh Method resolve your issue or "Send send-receive SDP in mid-call INVITE" will resolve your issue.

Nevertheless, correct way it is to collect pcap or dump files during your issue and analaze it.

BR Oleksandr