Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have the following setup:

EX90 TC5.x

CUCM 8.6.2.X

Jabber 9.1

VCS 7.2

Jabber 4 Windows calls the EX90 registered to VCS.  The video comes on, audio is on, then it drops after 10 seconds.    Everything seems to be configured correctly with no TLS, just TCP.

If I take Jabber ---CUCM----VCS---VCS-E---- to another outside endpoint, everything works fine.

Am I missing something really easy here?

6 Replies 6

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Tommer

If its every time exactly 10 seconds that looks like sip re - invite timer. Also can you check if BFCP is enabled in Jabber device profile.

Can you make couple of Jabber test call with EX90. After please do following:

- Select "Help"-> "Report a Problem"

- Select the problem area. 

- Enter a short description of the problem

- Save it in your desktop and post it here

Thanks

Rafal

BFCP is turned on.  Is this the issue?

Hello Tommer

Can you make some test and post problem report from Jabber?

Thanks

Rafal

actually, your BFCP statement sparked a light and we reviewed those settings.   Turns out the VCS was defaulted to SIP UDP/BFCP filter mode" is set to Off, the call always drops after 5 seconds. Setting it to On results in successful calls.

More of a TCP vs UDP with BFCP between the client and VCS endpoint.  once we fixed this, we could actually share desktops between the devices as well.  (cool!)

thanks for your help!

Sweet!

Thank you for sharing that.

Cheers

Rafal

I think its a new setting in VCS 7.2 that is turned on by default, but screws up CUCM in the SIP trunk between zones.  It was never like this before. (from what I recall)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: