Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 Multiple SNMP Community Strings

Help.  Is it possible to enter multiple SNMP Community Strings or just one?  I can enter multiple Trap Hosts just fine, but I would like to have a different community string per trap host.

3 Replies 3

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I am not aware that this is possible.

Anyhow, the SNMP hosts are not for traps! This option is just to limit the access to SNMP on the endpoint.

xConfiguration NetworkServices SNMP Host [1..3] Address

Enter the address of up to three SNMP Managers.

The system's SNMP Agent (in the codec) responds to requests from SNMP Managers (a PC program etc.), for example about system location and system contact. SNMP traps are not supported.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Thanks.  So I really wouldn't gain anything by having HPOV monitoring it.?.?

You could check if its alive, see the uptime, software version, endpoint type, serial number, ...

But but yes, no traps.

You get more out of the endpoint using TMS.

That itself has some SNMP trap towards a traphost but I do not recall that this ever worked really well for me.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: