Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 not able to dial by IP address when registered with CUCM

aneesh.abraham
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am having difficulty to setup my EX90 and hope to find some assistance to configure it properly,

I have an EX90 registered with CUCM using SIP, the issue is I am not able to dial other video end points by IP address, we have other video end points located in the same office and remote offices. I tried to call a polycom device in same location using its private IP ( same network) but it is not working.when I tried to change the default protocol to H323 ip dialing is possible but EX90 is disconnected from CUCM. so my question is,

1.  is it possible to configure both SIP and H323 in EX90 ( aim is to enable IP dialing but device needs to register with CUCM also)

2. is it possible to assign a public IP to EX90 (static NAT) so that outside devices can call by this public IP.

We dont have a VCS server in this location.

Regards,

Aneesh

5 Replies 5

Zoltan Kelemen
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Aneesh,

CUCM registration disables H.323 on a Telepresence endpoint and with that IP dialing as well.

With H323 disabled on the device it will not accept inbound H323 calls either (calls just coming to it's IP)

A VCS pair may help both issues although not without some workarounds required.

Cheers,

Zoltan

Thanks Zoltan,

So thats clear now one more thing, can I receive an H323 call (by IP address)  if my EX90 is registered with CUCM ?

Aneesh

Just enable h323 setting after registartion of ex90 on cucm from device configuration setting you can able to receive call by IP.

and keep in mind that this is not a Cisco supported setup ;)

(as in: it may or may not work, but TAC won't help you with it.)

Vinod16
Level 1
Level 1

Hi aneesh,

2. Yes It is possible.

1. IF you register Ur EX90 on CUCM then ur all call will initiated as SIP . in this scenario it will also disable the H323. so just enable the H323 and initiate all ip call by using H323 protocol.

For every ip call you have to change the protocol to h323 if you want to remove this headache then for this purpose you have to purchase Interworking server who establish the connection between two different Protocol.