Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 / SX20 QoS and CUCM question

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

Have a EX90 with  TC5.1.2.289652 and a SX20 with TC5.1.3.292001 software.

We set the QoS to be 34 for video, 0 for data, and 46 for audio but on restart of device these 3 values get all set to 34.

CUCM is set to use AF41 (34) for video and Telepresence. Do these devices get this setting from CUCM and apply same value to all 3 settings or is there something else going on?

The CUCM version is 8.6.2. We'll be upgrading to 9.1 soon but just wanting to get this figured out.

On EX90 and SX20 web page, under Configuration -> Advanced configuration

Network 1 QoS Section

Audio, Video, Data all set to 34 on each restart, need to manually set audio to 46 and data to 0 on each restart.

Thanks,

Erick

8 Replies 8

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Erick,

I am not sure whether you have configured EX90 and Sx20 to get provisioned with CUCM or it is adding CUCM as SIP Gatekeeper; however I faced similar configuration overwritten issue when EX90 was provisioned with CUCM.

You can remove provisioning on EX90 and SX 20 or if possible make changes on CUCM.

Thanks,

Vivek

Ok, thanks.  If I set Provisioning to Off the Diffserv (QoS) values don't get over wrote on a restart of the endpoint.

With Provisioning set to CUCM, the QoS Settings get reset back on a restart of the endpoint.

However, I am not seeing in CUCM where to set the Audio and Data Diffserv setting, there aren't any settings on the EX90 or SX20 device itself so I'm guessing it is coming from global service parameters. The video DSCP or telepresence DSCP setting?  Those are both set to AF41 (34) so it appears it is applying that same value to all 3 settings on the endpoint with CUCM provisioning. 

Is there a downside to not having it provisioned with CUCM vs Off?

I've dug through some documents but not finding much yet.

Thanks.

vivsing2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Erick,

I don't have complete detail when you don't have provisioning enable, what will happen. I am sure that phone book will not appear on Ex 90 and many more other stuff.

I will try to get list of detail and will let you know.

Regards,
Vivek

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

jbarbee
Level 1
Level 1

Late to the thread with this same problem and found the fix on how to keep provisioning on and adjust qos values.

Go into Callmanager, Service Parameters, Section for Clusterwide QOS, and adjust the "DSCP for Telepresence calls". Default is CS4 (it downloads it as DSCP 32). Change it to EF, AF41, whatever you want.

Apply and reset the SX20, it downloads the correct DSCP setting from that service parameter setting.

jbarbee,

Right, but it applies that valiue from CUCM service parameters to all 3 QoS settings (audio, data, video). I don't think there is a way to have CUCM provisioning on and have seperate values for those 3 unless you manually set them after a reset of the endpoint. I haven't found anything yet that lists what you lose if you set provisioning to off.

jordanplarson
Level 1
Level 1

We have the same issue with endpoints (EX90 and MX300) on TC6.3.0 software.

On TC endpoints, we configure QoS with these values:

• Audio - 46
  • Data - 16
  • Signaling - 24
  • Video - 32

However they are override by Cisco UCM to the following:

• Audio - 32
  • Data - 32
  • Signaling - 24
  • Video - 32

From what I read here and my own research this is likely due to this CUCM setting:

• Cisco Unified CM Administration
    • System > Service Parameters > (Select Server) > Service - Cisco CallManager (Active).
    • Scroll down to Clusterwide Parameters (System - QOS)
    • DSCP for TelePresence Calls > CS4(precedence 4) DSCP (100000)

Unfortunately CUCM doesn't specify Audio, Data, and Video differently and appears to put them all under the DSCP for TelePresence Calls which explains the 32 value reappearing.  I read a workaround is to turn off provisioning which does work however this breaks functionality with CTS-MAN and using Outlook to schedule meetings using CTMS resources.

Old topic at this point but for what it's worth we are on Cisco UCM 10.5 with TC endpoints on 7.1.3 now and the QoS settings are still getting changed back to 32, 32, 24, 32 when registered to Cisco UCM.

jordanplarson
Level 1
Level 1

In the 7.x release (not sure if this was in prior releases) you can log onto the web page, go to Configuration > Startup Scripts.  On the left side press the Create new... button, give it a meaningful name, and put in the desired commands and options.  You can find those xconfiguration commands in this guide - http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/codec-c-series/tc6/api_reference_guide/codec_c60-c40_api_reference_guide_tc61.pdf

In our testing, we found that either the script executes after CUCM settings get applied or that the script settings win out over CUCM settings.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: