Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 with CUCM 8.6

Youssef BETTAR
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have configured a Cisco EX90 as EX90 device type and  it's registred on CUCM and can receive calls from cisco ipphones but  when i try to call a local phone from the EX90 it show me "Cannot  connect call".

CUCM version: 8.6.2.21900-5

EX90 firmware version: TC5.1.0.280662

Thank you in advance.

Regards

6 Replies 6

Dharmesh Nandoria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bettar,

Please check following config .

Default dialing protocol should be sip, If it is H323 change it to sip .

xConfiguration Conference 1 DefaultCall Protocol: Sip

hth

Kind regards,

Dharmmesh

Hi Dharmesh;

Thank you for your replay, the defaultCall Protocol is already configured to SIP.

Regards.

Marius Nedregaard
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Youssef.

The issue that you are experiencing could be because you are not able to reach your CUCM server.

The most common issue that I have seen regarding EX90 and CUCM is that you do not have the correct DNS entry in your DNS server. So the EX90 is not able to resolve the DNS-record that is set in CUCM this causes calls not being able to be set up correctly.

On CTS devices, if CUCM is not reachable by the provided DNS entry it automatically chose the TFTP address as CUCM address. This is not the case on legacy tandberg endpoints, that do need to be able to look up the domain.

Workaround:

- Go into SIP settings, and try to change sip server from @domain.com to @ locally on the EX90. I beleve this will solve your issues

//Marius

Hi Marius

Thank you for your help, i have changed the SIP URI to @CUCM-IP-ADDRESS, but i have the same problem.

any idea?

Regards.

I think you may be over thinking this. It sounds like a simple Calling Search Space/Partition issue.

Hi all

The problem is resolved when a configure the cucm@ as domain on EX90.

Thank you for your help.

Regards.