Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EX90 with no MIC functionality

Hi all,

we have an EX90 with TC7.3 software running.

The system transmits outgoing no audio - both via the built-in mic, as well as via the handset on the touch panel, as well as the bluetooth connected Headset. Incoming audio through the speakers of the system or the handset is heard.
The MIC can be muted via the touch panel and brought back online, but unfortunately nothing has transmitted through the MIC.
The problem exist also before the update on TC7.3 from TC7.1.3.
The touch panel with handset has been replaced by another system and failed too.
We do not have seprates MIC or a headset with two jack plugs to test it on your system.
A monitor is not connected via the HDMI out.

The Bluetooth option has been disabled - unfortunately without success.
The system has been also reset to factory default - unfortunately without success.
Do you have any idea on what to do or how it is to narrow down?

Best regards,

Fabian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

abhispal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

I checked the config. In the logs I cannot see the serial number; however; it must be of the same range. The HW needs to be replaced. CSCtr09359 - EX90 speakerphone microphone stops working

xstatus SystemUnit Hardware MainBoard Identifier
*s SystemUnit Hardware MainBoard Identifier: "101540-5 [01]"
** end

OK

xstatus SystemUnit Hardware Module SerialNumber
*s SystemUnit Hardware Module SerialNumber: "A1AR21D
** end

OK

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

abhispal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Fabian,

I checked the config. In the logs I cannot see the serial number; however; it must be of the same range. The HW needs to be replaced. CSCtr09359 - EX90 speakerphone microphone stops working

xstatus SystemUnit Hardware MainBoard Identifier
*s SystemUnit Hardware MainBoard Identifier: "101540-5 [01]"
** end

OK

xstatus SystemUnit Hardware Module SerialNumber
*s SystemUnit Hardware Module SerialNumber: "A1AR21D
** end

OK

Hi and thanks for your answer,

our SN starts with A1AR01D.

Can you confirm that the SN is one of the affected range?

Fabian,

Yes, it lies in the faulty range.

Please do not forget to rate the answers.

I'm having the same problem &would also like to know the affected S/N ranges

Yes, we would like to know the SN fault number ranges as well. I currently have over 5 EX-90's that are down for microphone issues. Factory resets do not fix the issue. Please advise. 

Hello colleagues,

I'm having the same problem with an EX90 and I read your comments about the case and I would like to know which are the range of serial numbers that are affected by this mic problem. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: