Views
Helpful
Replies

EXP E and C configuration problem

ozden ozdugun
Level 1
Level 1

expe

I created two server expc and expe ,but ı couldn't see traversal server link on the zone

7 Replies 7

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The Traversal Server will be on the Expressway-E, your screenshot is from the Expressway-C (and, but the looks of it. it's still running as a VCS-Control, so the licensing may not yet be installed properly, or pending a reboot).

The "C" will be the Client end of a traversal link t the Server end running on the "E".

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

how can ı change expc to expe,ı created two server.

As default, when you build the server with the OVA, it creates it as a Cisco VCS-Control.

You need to install the appropriate licencing that you should have received with your order on to the device(s) to change them to whatever you're licenced for (VCS-Control, VCS-Expressway, Expressway-Core, Expressway-Edge).

If you have the e-Delivered PAK files, you need to associate the licences with the serial numbers of the devices you have just built via the licencing tool [@patrick.sparkman] mentioned.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I built server with OVA,When I want to create license with serial number in the option keys page.the cisco license tools says this is a invalid serial number.

and I wwant to release key or option case ,the system error ''Release key missing: the system is in demonstration mode; the release key has to be entered on the Option keys page''

Hi ,

you would get a serial number at bottom left of screen as attached. This needs to be used for creating options and release keys.

regds,

aman

how can ı register license on server.and which license 

thanks

Just to be sure, are we talking about a VCS-C/E or Expressway-C/E?

In either case, if you purchased the software, you should have received several PAKs via eDelivery that contains the required licenses.  If you never received the licenses, reach out to the re-seller you purchased the VCS/Expressway software through.

Once you have the PAKs, go to the Cisco License Portal to generate the release and option keys that you can assign to each of the servers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: