cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Exporting a Webex recording with the presenter's video

jonathan.dixon
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping this is the right area for this question - I have a client that would like to use their Spark (Webex) board to make video recordings and download them for use later (for training).  We're close to achieving the requirement, we can start a meeting with Webex teams (My Personal Room) then flick that over to the Spark board, we can then start the recording.  On completion, the recording is available from xxx.webex.com under Meeting Centre / My Recorded Meetings.  It can be played online and the video can be maximised (default quality isn't great but Webex support have changed it to 720p for us and it's quite good quality). 

This is fine when played back online, the problem is exporting it to MP4, the content (presentation, which is blank) and the audio are included in the exported MP4 file, but not the full-screen video of the presenter.  

We've spoken to Cisco and they've suggested a vBrick (which is overkill).  I'm also aware of this as a workaround but it doesn't really suit as we're using the Webex board - https://collaborationhelp.cisco.com/article/en-us/WBX67422 - and it's pretty clunky.  I've looked at capturing the video (could only really use a screen recorder as the video is encrypted).

This seems like a simple enough thing, maybe an uncommon request but has anyone been able to achieve anything like this?

Thanks,

Jono

1 Reply 1

mguguvcevski
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Jonathan, 

We have exactly the same problem. 

Cisco support told us it is an enhancement request, and that they are working on it. 

So far, in version 33.X this is still the same. 

On another point, how did you manage to increase the quality of the recorded content in Webex Meetings to HD? 

Thank you.