Views
Helpful
Replies

Express E and Express C MRA

christian.30
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community 

I was having a prompt on my expressway-E "A call failed because there were no available traversal call licenses. You are licensed for 0 concurrent traversal calls." and my issue is that when logging in to outside network login was failing but logging in to local network works fine, My problem is that is traversal license affect my MRA? And what does Traversal and non-traversal call means ? 

Thank you community appreciate  you all 

4 Replies 4

christian.30
Level 1
Level 1
Also my UC Traversal MRA SIP status is "Failed"

Hello,

If you are just using your Expressway pair for MRA then you don't need any traversal or rich media licenses.

In that case you will be able to register your jabber clients from internet and will be able to make calls normally as a jabber client in LAN can do.

But if you are making any B2B call or any inter-working you will need the traversal licenses.

Traversal and non-traversal calls-

Non-Traversal Call: VCS/expressway  only involve and take call signaling

Traversal Call: VCS/expressway involve both call signaling and media routing.

- Traversal Call between VCS-Expressway

- IPv4/IPv6 Interworking Call

- SIP/H323 Interworking Call

- B2BU Call (i.e. MS Lync integration)

etc.

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful...

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Also if your UC traversal zone between C and E  is failed then MRA login will not work.

See the below link for most common issues for MRA-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway/118798-technote-cucm-00.html

Thanks.

Please rate if it is helpful..

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Traversal calls are generally those that involve both signaling and media routing such as SIP to H.323, B2B calls, MS integration, and H.323 calls. Non-traversal calls only involve the signaling such as SIP calls with the same network, such as MRA calls to Jabber.

If you are using MRA, chances are it could have been either a random non Jabber endpoint attempting to call in/out.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: