Views
Helpful
Replies

express way e error message

Yaniv Malachi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

i have a customer that i have install at his site express way c @& e for MRA deployment

the installation of the express way c were fine , but after i install the expe i get an error of

"

MISSING LAN:eth1 ifconfig eth0 eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0C:29:D2:D7:4F BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b) Interrupt:17 Base address:0x2000 ifconfig eth0 rc 0 ifconfig eth1 eth1: error fetching interface information: Device not found ifconfig eth1 rc 1 ifconfig eth2 eth2: error fetching interface information: Device not found ifconfig eth2 rc 1 MISSING LAN:eth2 ifconfig eth0 eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0C:29:D2:D7:4F BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1 RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0 TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0 collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000 RX bytes:0 (0.0 b) TX bytes:0 (0.0 b) Interrupt:17 Base address:0x2000 ifconfig eth0 rc 0 ifconfig eth1 eth1: error fetching interface information: Device not found ifconfig eth1 rc 1 ifconfig eth2 eth2: error fetching interface information: Device not found ifconfig eth2 rc 1"

but i sucess to login to the expe web page and cobfigte the system ,

i didnt complte the MRA process because of that error message ,

does it fine  ? so should i open a Cisco case for that ?

Regards

Yaniv

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!,

Make sure the VCS with the problem has 3 NIC assigned and "connected" on vSphere or whatever virtualization server you are using.

The servers will always expect to have 3 nics, the OVA assigns those 3 nics but its possible they are not connected.

The server will work just fine but you will always have that alarm, we recommend having the three nics connected (Not necessarily mapped to a network but connected to the host).

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!,

Make sure the VCS with the problem has 3 NIC assigned and "connected" on vSphere or whatever virtualization server you are using.

The servers will always expect to have 3 nics, the OVA assigns those 3 nics but its possible they are not connected.

The server will work just fine but you will always have that alarm, we recommend having the three nics connected (Not necessarily mapped to a network but connected to the host).

Hope this helps.

Hi Randy

I follow your recommendation and indeed  the NIC were connected

So i connected it and reboot the server

And we don't have the error again

Thanks for all the help

Regards

Yaniv

Glad to help.

it helped me solving the issue on expressway E. As I had this alarm also on the Exp C, I have added a new interface to Exp C and it changed the S/N of the Exp C and the system asked for new release keys. I had to delete the new interface again and my old S/N is back and the release key works again. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: