Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway 12.5.9 Backup / Restore

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I have my two (2) Expressway - C I will migrate them to a different hardware. My question is when I do the Restore, should I have to take any consideration? This will have NO upgrade or change.

Thanks. 

8 Replies 8

DJ2112
Level 1
Level 1

I think you should consider taking the backup of certificates (via SFTP using  root access) on Exp-C.

Hello,

Can you share the procedure?

thanks. 

Are your Expressways running as VMs or actually on the bare metal hardware?

Response Signature

Hello

This is from VM to Vm, we dont have Vmotion.

Thanks. 

You can do a off-line move by moving the VM files from one host to another. That does not require vmotion.

Response Signature

We did that, we exported the hold vm and  when we started ,  and try to login via CLI we got the wizard like a brand new install.

thanks. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only way to do this seamlessly is to use vMotion:

Migrating the Host (use VMware VMotion)
If you need to move Expressway to a new host, you must use VMware VMotion to perform the host migration.
Before you start
There may be glitches (packet loss/jitter) in media for calls that are interworked by Expressway as the VM is moved.
We recommend that a VMotion move is carried out when there is minimal activity on the VM Expressway. To ensure
this, before you carry out the move put the Expressway VM into maintenance mode (Maintenance > Maintenance
mode) and wait for active calls to clear.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/install_guide/Cisco-Expressway-Virtual-Machine-Install-Guide-X12-5.pdf

Aside from that, the best option is a fresh install and then restore from a backup, you'll get a new SN so you'll need to reconnect to smart licensing OR have licensing issue you new licenses using the new SN

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We dont have Vmotion in this server.  We did a shutdown and export all the vm, and when we started the VM it started like if it was a new install. 

thanks. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: