cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Core - x12.7.1 - Smart Licensing

C_Noble
Level 1
Level 1

I am building a new Expressway Core, version X12.7.1.

I intend to use Smart Licensing with an On-Prem Satellite Server.

After installing the VM, the option for Maintenance > Smart Licensing is not visible.

Do I need to supply a release key for the Expressway and then enable Smart Licensing for further features?

The notes in the documentation are confusing:

"Smart Licensing is not available with features that use option keys. Some Expressway features are enabled by
option keys. Because option keys are incompatible with Smart Licensing, if you need any features that require option
keys, you must use PAK-based licensing and not Smart Licensing."

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/admin_guide/Cisco-Expressway-Administrator-Guide-X12-7.pdf

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

C_Noble
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to solve my issue.  This version of code requires that you select the checkbox in the the service setup wizard to select services later.  The system then forces you to confirm the configuration, reboots, and then the option for Smart Licensing is available.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

C_Noble
Level 1
Level 1

I managed to solve my issue.  This version of code requires that you select the checkbox in the the service setup wizard to select services later.  The system then forces you to confirm the configuration, reboots, and then the option for Smart Licensing is available.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

What options did you select to enable smart licensing? I do not see a "select services later" option after re-running the wizard. did you have to rebuild the vm from scratch?

Speculating, but what I think @C_Noble meant is that you'll have to select the service that you'd like to run on the Expressway node in the service wizard. For example MRA.
image.png

Or possibly to select the last option on the page if you don't want to select any services. However I don't see why you would not want to do that as eventually you'd need to do it either way.

Response Signature