Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Expressway CPL Not Working to Change Source SIP URI Domain

Hi

We have CUCM with an Expressway Core and Edge pair. We have an internal (int.domain.com) and external (domain.com) domain. When making video calls out via Expressway I want to transform the internal domain to the external one. To achieve this I am using a CPL. However this CPL is not working. Expressway version is 8.10.4 and CUCM is 12.0

I've tried setting this for unauthenticated and authenticated origins but it has not made a difference. CPL config is below

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<cpl xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl" xmlns:taa="http://www.tandberg.net/cpl-extensions" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:cpl cpl.xsd">
<taa:routed>
<taa:rule-switch>
<taa:rule unauthenticated-origin=".*@int.domain.com" destination=".*">
<taa:location clear="yes" regex="(.*)" replace="\1" source-url-for-message-regex=".*@int.domain.com" source-url-for-message-replace="\1@domain.com">
<taa:proxy/>
</taa:location>
</taa:rule>
<taa:rule origin=".*@int.domain.com" destination=".*">
<taa:location clear="yes" regex="(.*)" replace="\1" source-url-for-message-regex=".*@int.domain.com" source-url-for-message-replace="\1@domain.com">
<taa:proxy/>
</taa:location>
</taa:rule>
</taa:rule-switch>
</taa:routed>
</cpl>

It doesn't seem to matter what I change, the CPL is not being taken into account. The call is connecting ok but in the source alias of the search I can see the int.domain.com

Can someone spot something wrong on the CPL?

Thanks

Michael

Everyone's tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Rising star

Re: Expressway CPL Not Working to Change Source SIP URI Domain

For my CPL, there are a few differences but the location line would be

<taa:location clear="yes" regex="(.*)" replace="\1" source-url-for-message-regex="(.*)@int.domain.com" source-url-for-message-replace="\1@domain.com">

Just adding the grouping around the part of the URI in the rule. That's all I can see but I'm no pro at this .
Beginner

Thanks Adam. Yeah I tried that earlier but it didn't make a difference. 

Looking at the diagnostic on the Expressway Edge it seems that the CPL is being taken into account but its not presenting on the receiving/external side

2019-05-31T09:49:37.385+01:00 EXPE01 tvcs: Event="Source Aliases Rewritten" Service="SIP" Src-alias-type="SIP" Src-alias="37001@int.domain.com" Rewritten-src-alias-type="SIP" Rewritten-src-alias="37001@domain.com" Dst-alias-type="SIP" Dst-alias="sip:michael.long@mycompany.call.ciscospark.com" Call-serial-number="59216e80-63a0-4fb1-a2e7-cb3aa5be7b2e" Tag="5781397a-c684-49f3-9dc0-a8f7b4597195" Src-display-name="37001 - VC Test 1" Rewritten-src-display-name="37001" Level="1" UTCTime="2019-05-31 08:49:37,385"
2019-05-31T09:49:37.385+01:00 EXPE01 tvcs: UTCTime="2019-05-31 08:49:37,385" Module="network.sourcealiasrewriting" Level="INFO": Action="Sent" Detail="Source alias(es) rewritten from [[Type=sipurl Value=37001@int.domain.com] ] to [[Type=sipurl Value=37001@domain.com] ], source display name rewritten from '37001 - VC Test 1' to '37001'"
2019-05-31T09:49:37.386+01:00 EXPE01 tvcs: UTCTime="2019-05-31 08:49:37,386" Module="developer.sip.leg" Level="INFO" CodeLocation="ppcmains/sip/sipproxy/SipProxyLeg.cpp(10845)" Method="SipProxyLeg::routeViaNettleIfNeeded" Thread="0x7fbd97516700": this="0x5618695d58d0" Type="Outbound" routingViaNettle="false" twoInARow="true" oneIsATraversalServerZone="true"InboundLegTraversalClientsencryption-mode=auto threeInARow="true" isCall="true" isRefer="false" fromClusterPeer="false" fromNettle="false" toNettle="false" inboundZone=Traversal Server (B2B) (encryption-mode=auto, ice-mode=off, ice-pass-through-mode=off, traversal-mode=undefined, multistream-mode=on, mari-mode=on, refer-mode=forward, replaces-mode=forward, aead-mode=off, ) outboundZone=DNS Zone (B2B) (encryption-mode=auto, ice-mode=off, ice-pass-through-mode=off, traversal-mode=undefined, multistream-mode=on, mari-mode=on, refer-mode=forward, replaces-mode=forward, aead-mode=off, ) CryptoRequired="false" ICERequired="false" ReferTerminationRequired="false" ReplacesTerminationRequired="false" TranslateFromMicrosoftRequired="false" TranslateToMicrosoftRequired="false" routeViaNettle="false"

I have a similar situation as yours. From logs, I can see the CPL kicks in but no effect. Did you find a solution?

Beginner

I haven't really had a chance to go back to it since. I did a bit more testing at the time but did not have any luck

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here