cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway E Failed - Either there are network connectivity problems, or this peer has different encryption support (AES / non-AES software)

Amit23
Level 4
Level 4

I have two sites and one uc cluster as below:

site -1

cucm pub-1

cuc pub 1

imppub

exp-c-1

exp-e-1

site-2

cucm2

cuc2

imp2

exp-c-2

exp-e-2

!

i am making cluster of expressway E and C but it i showing error on cluster of expressway E:

Failed - Either there are network connectivity problems, or this peer has different encryption support (AES / non-AES software)

This Expressway is part of a cluster but is not the configuration master. Any configuration changes made on this Expressway may be lost. More information can be found on the Clustering help page.
!
what is solution to fix it?
do i need to add locally cluster of expressway or need to make cluster of 4 expressway between locations?
Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How far apart are the Expressway peers from each other, what is the round trip delay?  This should be within 30ms.

Can you confirm that all Expressways in the cluster have the same option keys installed on all peers, as that is a requirement, call license quantities can be different, but the option keys that enable/disable features must be the same.  Also, make sure that the software version installed is the same, as you might have a mismatch of versions or one could be have encryption enabled where the other doesn't.

Regarding the "This Expressway is part of a cluster but is not the configuration master..." this message is normal for a node that isn't the master as it's simply saying to only make changes on the master, since any changes on the slave will be overridden by the master.

Suggest you look over the Expressway Cluster Creation and Maintenance Deployment Guide (X8.8) in case you haven't yet.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How far apart are the Expressway peers from each other, what is the round trip delay?  This should be within 30ms.

Can you confirm that all Expressways in the cluster have the same option keys installed on all peers, as that is a requirement, call license quantities can be different, but the option keys that enable/disable features must be the same.  Also, make sure that the software version installed is the same, as you might have a mismatch of versions or one could be have encryption enabled where the other doesn't.

Regarding the "This Expressway is part of a cluster but is not the configuration master..." this message is normal for a node that isn't the master as it's simply saying to only make changes on the master, since any changes on the slave will be overridden by the master.

Suggest you look over the Expressway Cluster Creation and Maintenance Deployment Guide (X8.8) in case you haven't yet.

Hello Patrick,

thanks for your reply with lot of details and really useful for me to check my issue.

what is option key that you said it should be same for all four expressway?

i got two PAK keys as one for software license and another feature license and i installed on each server it.

i am using same version for all expressway and i am getting this error on expressway E only after changing the vlan and gateway ip on LAN2 interface of it.

my question is that how many server of expressway can add in single cluster if have two sites and two data center in which primary server in site-a and another in site-b?

what is best design to make it working?

As my design is like below:

two sites : a & B

each site have cucm, cuc and imp and exp-c&e separately.

right now i was making cluster of expressway over wan so might be issue come.

but if i make cluster of expressway - c&e on site a and b what is design possibilities?

can i add two expressway -c &e at site-a and same on site-b and combined all expressway under single cluster as we have users on both sites those will access jabber from outside and all sites have same domain abc.com?

or do i have to make two cluster of expressway as it would be one for site-a and another for site-b?

Warm Regard's
Amit Sahrma

Look under Maintenance > Option Keys to see what options are activated as well as if encryption is enabled or not.

If the error is only appearing on the Expressway-E and not the -C, than it sounds as if the LAN configuration isn't correct.  All clustering will be performed over LAN 1 and this interface must not have NAT enabled on it.

You can have up to 6 peers in a cluster, but only 4 will be active at any one time, the remaining 2 will be in standby.

Hi Amit, I have the same issue. Do you solved it ?