Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway-E no Audio

Ricardo Guita
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I deployed a collaboration Edge (Expressway-C and E), jabber users are able to register through Expressway-E, presence status is correctly shown, Voice-mail connection works fine.

Here the problem: when I call any extension, signaling works fine, but when the call is picked up (regardless if from another jabber (also connected via Expressway-E) or even voice mail (auto attendant), I can see UDP/RTP trafic comming from Voice-mail/another jabber to Expressway-C and then to Expressway-E, but I can't see any more UDP/RTP traffic going out from Expressway-E to the end device.

Any Hint/Help would be appreciated

RG

2 Replies 2

Paul Stojanovski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Many times this is either a design misconfiguration or a firewall issue. Here are a few questions for you. Once I understand the design I could probably better answer the question for you.

Is your Expressway-E Single or Dual NIC?

Do you have a 1:1 NAT on your firewall for the Expressway-E?

If you have NAT, does your Expressway-E have Static NAT Mode enabled and the Static NAT Address configured with the public IP?

Are the necessary UDP ports opened up on the firewall per the Firewall Port Usage Guide

If you're using a Single NIC w/ Static NAT on the Expressway-E does your Expressway-C resolve the Expressway-E FQDN to the public IP rather than the DMZ address?

-P

Hi Paul,

Since I'm having the same issue, I thought it would be smarter to reply into this Discussion instead of creating a new one.

My setup is consisting of an Expressway-C (X8.5.1) and an 2-NIC-Expressway-E(X8.5.1).

The Expressway-E is behind a NAT Firewall and has static NAT configured on the outfacing Interface. Both Interfaces are in different Subnets and static routes for the internal facing traffic have been added, too.

Further more: The Call Status on Expressway-C Shows: Media Routed: False

Expressway-E Shows: Media Routed: True

The Traversal Zone Status Shows SIP Active but H323 as "off", could this be the issue, hinting towards Firewall issues?

Regards,

Christoph

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: