Views
Helpful
Replies

expressway-e Web interface (over HTTPS)

turnerdave1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

So I've disable Web interface (over HTTPS) thinking that I could access it via http, but no, so now I cant login, is there anyway to enable it via ssh or the console.

thanks

Dave

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can turn it back on using SSH, must restart the Expressway after you make the change for it to take effect, the command is:

xConfiguration Administration HTTPS Mode: On

Note, the API commands are documented near the end of the the admin guides.

View solution in original post

Best solution would to not have HTTP/S open on your external firewall.  If that isn't an option, you might be able to use the firewall functions of the Exresssway, located under System > Protection > Firewall rules.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can turn it back on using SSH, must restart the Expressway after you make the change for it to take effect, the command is:

xConfiguration Administration HTTPS Mode: On

Note, the API commands are documented near the end of the the admin guides.

Thanks Patrick

your a life saver, just another question, is it possible to disable https for external access, the reason is I don't want public users trying to access the admin side.

thanks

Best solution would to not have HTTP/S open on your external firewall.  If that isn't an option, you might be able to use the firewall functions of the Exresssway, located under System > Protection > Firewall rules.

Hello Patrick,

How this Firewall rule feature will works for EXP-E to disable Web access via Internet.

I means what should i filled in -  Interface , Ip address , Prefix , Service , action .

Thanks in advance .

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same challenge and trying to figure out the best method to disable HTTPS access from the External interface on ExpresswayE.
Chris

What reason is it for you to have HTTP/S allowed in the firewall rule set for the internet connection to the E expressway?

Response Signature

No good reason, from what I can make out. It's a client's FW, I have no responsibility and I believe they have allowed additional ports (other than 8443 and 5061) such as 443 'open' to the big bad internet, so I have advised them to block this on their FW, but if there a way to easily configure this on the Expressway E - I am open to the exact details or point me to where in the Admin Guide, etc.

From a security standpoint it is never advised to open more ports then what’s needed as a bare minimum to enable the service. Any additional port(s) opened opens up for a larger attack surface.

Response Signature