Views
Helpful
Replies

expressway licensing ?

RezaNetwork247
Level 1
Level 1

hello friends,

is License of expressway MRA feature, Free ??

in a document, i read about it and it said MRA feature is free,

are this true ?

and if yes, how can i get free license for expressway C and E, only for MRA access ?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you are using Jabber as a softphone, that will take a device license as part of your CUWL licensing.

You have CUWL, You also need a service contract to order the $0 Expressway Licensing.

Contact your reseller for assistance with ordering as there are a series of licenses involved.

Maren

View solution in original post

You would need to provision Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) which is FREE but still requires the Expressways to be licensed. So as stated before you'll need to get the license either via PUT or GLO from Cisco and issue it for your serial numbers.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

i read this,
can you ask my question briefly?

i have 1000 CUWL-Standard and CUWL-Pro on my CUCM ver11.5,
if i install expressway C and E, then Trunk it to CUCM,
for only use MRA as only voice-call and IM/Presence feature,
is it necessary to buy any expressway license ?
or getting free license using PAK, will be enough?

If you are using Jabber as a softphone, that will take a device license as part of your CUWL licensing.

You have CUWL, You also need a service contract to order the $0 Expressway Licensing.

Contact your reseller for assistance with ordering as there are a series of licenses involved.

Maren

thanks a lot

The process also depends on if you have FLEX or perpetual licenses, as with perpetual licenses you can just go to PUT and request the license.  With FLEX you need to contact Cisco GLO team (licensing@cisco.com) which lately has been horrible.  I have been waiting for Expressway licenses for 2 of my customers for days with very little movement, escalation has not been helpful either, so good luck.

in fact, i want to install epressway 12.5.7 as OVA in ESX, and i know it give me a Serial number for getting license..
i want only use expressway as softphone voice-only from outiside

You would need to provision Mobile and Remote Access (MRA) which is FREE but still requires the Expressways to be licensed. So as stated before you'll need to get the license either via PUT or GLO from Cisco and issue it for your serial numbers.

thank you very much Mr.Deren
i will check it
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: