cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway Registration Error - Received from unauthenticated source"

stephan_frye
Level 1
Level 1

Attempting to register a Tandberg 3000MXP (running F4.0 NTSC) to our Expressway, which is running X8.11.4 using H323. Getting the following error on the Expressway - "Received from unauthenticated source".  The Tandberg unit registers fine to our VCSc, running x8.8.3.

Looks like authentication is required, which we've configured, however, same error.

Is this old Tandberg system supported on the Expressway?  Thoughts?

Thanks,

-Stephan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Wayne!  Agreed regarding replacing. This is the first step in that process, as the Tandberg is currently registered to very old VCSc\VCSe that goes EoS 9-30-2019.

I was able to get the Tandberg to successfully register to the Expressway after creating the necessary Zone and Subzone and associated membership rules.

Many thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It could be because you're only running F4.0 on the old MXP - that's very old software.  The most recent software release for a 3000 is F9.3.4 (dated Feb 2016).  F4.0 is really ancient from back in 2005 from memory.

The 3000 MXP went end of support in 2017, so I'd highly recommend that you consider replacing it with something a bit more modern and supportable.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks Wayne!  Agreed regarding replacing. This is the first step in that process, as the Tandberg is currently registered to very old VCSc\VCSe that goes EoS 9-30-2019.

I was able to get the Tandberg to successfully register to the Expressway after creating the necessary Zone and Subzone and associated membership rules.

Many thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: