Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway RMS license

@Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

I have expressway-C and expressway-E with 5 RMS licenses on each server, may I know how many external video calls can I have simultaneously?

Since, I have 5 RMS licenses can I have 5 participants on a single call? or Does 5 RMS license mean 5 separate/different calls?

For your info, I got sx20 telepresence devices registered to CUCM.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Correct, for the expressway, they are calls regardless, so 5 RMS would allow you 5 endpoints calling into a bridge and talking between each other or 5 endpoints calling other 5 endpoints on point to point calls. from the expressway perspective, they are the same

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Randy Valverde Rojas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Each call on a conference will consume a licenses you what you said is correct both ways, from the expressway perspective, the destination or source doesn't matter much to count license usage (unless is WebEx or spark), they are calls connected and each call will consume a license regardless of what they are calling to or from.

Thank you Randy for your quick reply.

Just to make sure my understanding, what you are saying is that I can have 5 participants on a single call or it can be 5 seperate calls, am I right?

Correct, for the expressway, they are calls regardless, so 5 RMS would allow you 5 endpoints calling into a bridge and talking between each other or 5 endpoints calling other 5 endpoints on point to point calls. from the expressway perspective, they are the same

Very much appreciate your help Randy

When calling to Webex (Cloud) then no RMS License is required?

That's right. You don't need RMS for WebEx calls.

Hello experts,

We have Expressway C registered Endpoints and CMS, will RMS licenses required if C registered endpoints calls to CMS spaces?

Neighbor zone configured between Expressway C and CMS.

Thanks

Before x8.8 you would need a license, on x8.8 and after it is no longer required as long as there are no transformations to the destination URI as the expressway will check if the domain portion of the URI matches with WebEx.domain.com in order to determine if a license will be used.