cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Expressway with multiple domains

iverson.justin
Level 1
Level 1

Does Expressway support multiple domains yet, meaning, CUCM belongs to one domain and I have multiple Jabber domains and multiple users in CUCM that use different UPN/domains?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Multi-domain and multi-customer support is limited as follows:

— Prior to X8.5, each Cisco VCS deployment supported only one IM&P domain (even though IM and Presence Service 10.0 or later supports Multiple Presence Domains).

— As of X8.5, you can create multiple deployments on the Cisco VCS Control, but this feature is still limited to one domain per deployment.

— As of X8.5.1, a deployment can have Multiple Presence Domains. This feature is in preview, and we currently recommend that you do not exceed 50 domains.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/release_note/Cisco-VCS-Release-Note-X8-7.pdf

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it has supported that for quite some time.

I assume you mean using flexible JID and URIs on CUCM from different domains.

HTH

java

yes I do mean directory URI's, i saw something in MRA x8.11 and it saying (Preview) Multiple Presence Domains / Multiple IM Address Domains over MRA.  Trying to figure out what this new features is, doc is here

Multi-domain and multi-customer support is limited as follows:

— Prior to X8.5, each Cisco VCS deployment supported only one IM&P domain (even though IM and Presence Service 10.0 or later supports Multiple Presence Domains).

— As of X8.5, you can create multiple deployments on the Cisco VCS Control, but this feature is still limited to one domain per deployment.

— As of X8.5.1, a deployment can have Multiple Presence Domains. This feature is in preview, and we currently recommend that you do not exceed 50 domains.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/release_note/Cisco-VCS-Release-Note-X8-7.pdf

HTH

java

Hi, i have a similar problem.
I have one internal domain diferent from external domain:
CUCM 12.5
Expressway x12.5

i have domain@internal and domain@external
I put expressway C , CUCM and IMP on internal domain with internal dns
My expressway E as dual NIC , and i put Lan 1 in internal vlan , Lan2 on DMZ and static NAT to Public IP address. I used internal dns and internal domain here ( maybe this is wrong?)
I configured expressay C with 2 domains internal and external and permit registrations in cucm and imp
i create aa records for expresswayE in internal domain pointing to Expressway LAN 1 ip address
i create aa records for expresswayE in external domain pointing to Expressway LAN 2 public ip address
i create srv records for _cisco-uds in internal domain pointing to cucm fqdn
i create srv records for collab-edge in external domain pointing to expressway E FQDN
I put domain@external in voiceservicedomain in jabber SP usd by my csf devices
I login internal with xpto@internaldomain and works
IN MRA i cant login . o got"

[UNTRUSTED_ROOT CN_NO_MATCH]
Failure: FAILED_EDGE_CONNECTION 
Domain Controller The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. "
What im doing wrong? can you help me? i think my problem is about domain and dns that im using in Expressway E
Another question , is if i need certificates for MRA or just need to Traversal zone between EXPC and EXPE?

Regards

1. Make sure you have all the domains added on Expressway-C as the registered domains. 2. CUCM service domains should be part of the certificate chain on Expressway-E.

Hello,

My expressway E as dual NIC , and i put Lan 1 in internal vlan , Lan2 on DMZ and static NAT to Public IP address. I used internal dns and internal domain here ( maybe this is wrong?) Yes this is wrong Exp-E always should be pointed to external DNS.

Please refer the below link you will be having an idea of configuration-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/expressway-series/117811-configure-vcs-00.html

Thanks

Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Thanks
Please rate if it is helpful and mark as accepted solution if applicable....

Hi Jaime, I hope everything is fine.
You know I have the need to configure several domains in a company for Jabber.

The CUCM, Expressways, UCCX, etc. are in a single domain domain1, the company has different subdomains (companies) domain2, domain3, domain4 ... it is integrated into its active directory.
You want them to log in like this:
user1@domain1.com
user2@domain2.com
user3@domain3.com

What guide or recommendations can you suggest me?
Very kind and I appreciate your support.

There are a few ideas you can use. In this scenario, the first thing would be to use "directory uri" for IM&P scheme.

You then need to deploy jabber to use service domain of domain1. Be coming

This is assuming domain1 is resolvable from outside so MRA clients can perform discovery on it as we

NB: users must have their directory uri populated in cucm. This is typically done by mapping the directory uri attributes to "mail"

Also you need to enable call domains on expresswayc for cucm registration and presence

Please rate all useful posts

Ayodeki Thank you very much for your contribution , domain 1 is already working without any problem for months.
For users who wish to enter (login) with their respective user1@domain 1, domain 2 ... Should the SRV Collab be configure in Public DNS for each domain as well?

_collab-edge._tls.domain1.com
_collab-edge._tls.domain2.com

The field is used in the directory URI...
Regards!

No, you don't need public srv record for those domains. All you need to do is deploy jabber with voiceservicesdomain = domain1.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi Ayodeji,

I need some clarification about VoiceServicesDomain as I am going through same situation. As per Cisco Jabber parameters guide, there is a note mentioned under VoiceServicesDomain:

Capture.JPG

The document mentions, do not to use this parameter for MRA when voice services domain and sign-in account domain are same. In earlier scenario, domain1 is going to be same for both voice services domain and sign-in domain for some users. So, by configuring domain1 as voice services domain, what would be the impact on domain1 users?

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

There would be no impact. The note is there to explain that it’s a not needed configuration item if the domain portion of the login is the same as the voice service domain. In the case described in this post it’s not the same for all users. Even if it was the same this configuration would not cause any issues, it’s just redundant and unnecessary.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: