Views
Helpful
Replies

External Microphone operation

Stylishkev1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys

We have a SX20 and we needed to hook it up to 4 external ceiling mounted microphones (Audio Technica ES945) We have connected them to a Audio Technica AT-MX351A 4 channel mixer and on to the codec through a standar balanced XLR to 4ring 3.5mm jack and it is working, but......
It will only work if we have the standard desktop microphone which come with the system attached.
Anyone know how to get the system to work without this mic plugged in.
We thought the 4 ring Jack would give us mic control too.

4 Replies 4

peter scarola
Level 1
Level 1

any luck?

Kind of.
Basically had to hide the standard mic in a cupboard so that it didn't pick up any sound, only way to keep the second input working.
Does allow us to mute everything but not brilliant.

I have actually had success, this evening following a circuit posted online containing 2 caps 1uf each and 2 resistors 680 ohm.  I actually had deflection of the software meter on the SX20, and did not have to apply external phantom power.

I did not have luck with leaving the included microphone, attached.  This did not help  me,  but the circuit posted did work.  I have yet to test the audio quality, or an external mixer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: