Views
Helpful
Replies

external Policyserver

JensLantermann
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I try to implement the external policyserver via a webserver.

Everytime I try to connect to the webserver at first it becomes green and active.

But if I do an test call, the status changes to red "unauthorized"??

Has anybody the same problem?

Jens

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens,

the first log line there suggests that IIS is challenging the VCS for credentials. The second log line shows a 500 error response (Server internal error) related to parsing <>\username.

You'd probably want to set up the policy service on IIS outside the /tms/ directory, for instance in /policy/, since the /tms/ folder would have authentication enabled on it.

You'd also need to make sure that your asp page can properly import all string values which the VCS supplies in the POST request.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Jens,

sounds like the web server is challenging the VCS for credentials.

Do you see anything interesting in the web server logs?

The IIS Webserver log are displaying something like this.

2012-11-13 08:52:13 1.1.1.2 POST /tms/cpl_vcstest.asp - 443 - 1.1.1.1 - 401 2 5 0

2012-11-13 08:52:13 1.1.1.2 POST /tms/cpl_vcstest.asp |2|800a0409|Unterminated_string_constant 443 <>\username 1.1.1.1 - 500 0 0 0

2012-11-13 08:52:13 1.1.1.2 POST /tms/public/feedback/code.aspx - 443 - 1.1.1.1 TANDBERG/httplib/0.2 200 0 0 46

I hope this will help you.

Jens,

the first log line there suggests that IIS is challenging the VCS for credentials. The second log line shows a 500 error response (Server internal error) related to parsing <>\username.

You'd probably want to set up the policy service on IIS outside the /tms/ directory, for instance in /policy/, since the /tms/ folder would have authentication enabled on it.

You'd also need to make sure that your asp page can properly import all string values which the VCS supplies in the POST request.

As TMS shall only run TMS and nothing else, I would go one step further:

If its a production envioment, please deploy an additional webserver for it.

If you have further trouble, check with your server/iis/ad admins & web developers to help you.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify