Views
Helpful
Replies

External site cannot dial in

faghouri83
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a new telepresence system set up. It consists of 8 endpoints, a vcs and vcs expressway. The endpoints are configured with internal domains but at this time there is no public domain that has been registered.

In order to make calls to external sites we can use the alia@domain and it works fine. we can also use alias@ip address and it works fine. An external site cannot dial in using alias@domain as there is no public domain.

However the problem is when an external site uses alias@ip address (vcse ip). The external site cannot connect. I can see the call coming in to the vcs expressway but it doesnt go beyond that.

How would I need to set up vcs express so that it forwards this on to the vcs?

Thanks for your help.

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why don't you setup a public domain? Along with a public domain, you'll need to setup DNS SRV records for that domain that point to the Expressway IP.

For the alias@expressway-IP can you post a copy of the incoming search rule. I believe that the IP is being appended to the search, I've seen this before on ours. Without seeing the search history for a failed call, can't help to much.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi

The domain is in the process of being resigistered I beleive but the configuration of the kit cannot take place for a while yet.

I dont have remote access so I shall try to get search rules when on site tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Just noticed I said search rule in my earlier post. Meant to say to get a copy if the search history for a failed call.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

since you mentined that your internal endpoints are registered to VCS-C with domain, you need to strip the VCS-E ip-address and append the domain to it.

i recommend to create a transform for this.

Rgds

Alok

Here is a copy of the transform we use to either remove the IP suffix from the incoming search or you can convert it to your local domain.  The check pattern tool in the VCS is very handy in checking transforms etc before you create them live.

Description:  Remove IP from IP URI.

Pattern Type:  Suffix

Pattern String:  @%ip%

Pattern Behavior:  Strip

If you would like to convert it to  your domain, change pattern behavior to replace and enter your domain instead.  Note, if you do choose replace, be sure to remove the @ sign from the pattern string unless you plan on replacing it back in.

Note: %ip% will match any IP assigned to the VCS that takes the incoming call.