Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Externals calls from/To CTS-3000 using CUCM

Hi

I am trying to configure the below scenario and just want to know if it is supported

We have a CTS-3000 telepresence system registered to a dedicated CUCM just for telepresence units. We have ICT trunk between the Telepresence CUCM and CUCM to which Phones are registered which is working for intercluster calls.

When I ring a external number from CTS unit, the call gets initiated and drops straights away. I registered a IP Phone to the Telepresence CUCM and I can make outgoing calls.

On CTS logs, I see a "Call ended due to remote endpoint resource not available" error.

Thanks in Advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

So you're trying to call from your CTS, across the ICT to devices on the telephony CUCM?  What are the endpoints you are trying to call?

CTS endpoints use TelePresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) for call control.  The only endpoints that speak TIP are the CTS models and the CTMS bridge.  Normal Cisco video phones do not speak TIP (including 9971, 7985, CUVC, etc).  Audio only phones also do not speak TIP.  Basically, CTS rooms can only call each other without a MCU such as the CTMS or the Tandberg/Codian TelePresence Server.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jmunoz19
Level 4
Level 4

So you're trying to call from your CTS, across the ICT to devices on the telephony CUCM?  What are the endpoints you are trying to call?

CTS endpoints use TelePresence Interoperability Protocol (TIP) for call control.  The only endpoints that speak TIP are the CTS models and the CTMS bridge.  Normal Cisco video phones do not speak TIP (including 9971, 7985, CUVC, etc).  Audio only phones also do not speak TIP.  Basically, CTS rooms can only call each other without a MCU such as the CTMS or the Tandberg/Codian TelePresence Server.

Thank you very much..

antigles
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will be able to make audio-only calls from any CTS towards IP phones (and even the PSTN engaging a voice gateway).

If you are trying to call from a CTS on cluster A towards an IP phone registered tocluster B and you have an ICT between clusters, that call should work (as audio only) as long regions and locations are properly set and the configuration for CTS in call manager has Retry Video Call as Audio checked.

Thanks..I will try and update the results.

Just out of interest what if we have a VCS integrated with CUCM. Can endpoints registered to VCS use cisco gateway registed to CUCM for making video calls?

I appreciate your help...

Your new question about endpoints registered to VCS use Cisco gateway registed to CUCM for making video calls is very interesting. I would recommend you opening a new discussion for it. In the mean time you might find useful this link regarding VCS/CUCM integration: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_6-1_7_8_and_X5-1.pdf

Thanks for your inputs..I can make audio calls betweent the clusters using ICT trunk. I will open a new thread regarding VCS..

if the Voice Gateway can support/Handel sending the signaling/media then yes you can

but this is not where the VC world going,  you would probably use the voice gateway to connect to PSTN/ISDN

however you could register/use a CUBE for SIP (IP to IP ) and for inter company video calls for examples and this can provide you with end to end video and even inter company telepresence solution

By the way CTS uses SIP for signaling not TIP for signaling ! and TIP used in the case of using Telepesence server for interop

if you are using CUCM/CUBE, CUVC or MXE you don't need TIP in this case

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/prod/collateral/ps7060/ps8329/ps8330/ps8333/prod_qas0900aecd80717ce0.html

CTS Call Processing Overview (SIP)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Video/tpcallpr.html

Good luck