cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Facing "The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid" while using DX80 telepresense phones

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

We have EX and DX series telepresence as agent end points. But DX series phones are facing issue "The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid" while logging in agent. EX is working fine. Both phones are properly registered in CUCM.

Can some one please help me here to resolve the issue.

Thanks in advance,

Sasikumar.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In my case, we tried making a few different changes here and there on the DX650 but never got it to work.  I randomly was able to login to Finesse with the DX650 as my device, then my co-worker was unable to login to Finesse with her 9971 as her device - (keep in mind this was in a mock-up environment and it was only her and I as agents).  Since I saw this as strange behavoir and not making sense, we restarted the CCX server. Once it came back up, we were both able to login successfully and hadnt had the problem since.

Thanks,

EK

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

Sasikumar Divvela
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Team,

Does any one has idea about this issue ? is there any additional config i need to do for DX series phones?

--

Sasikumar.

Were you ever able to get this straightened out? I am trying to login to Finesse with my user account and my phone is a DX650.  I get the error message "The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid".

Thanks,

EK

I have the same issue.  Did you find a resolution?

Hi,

The below changes helped us in fixing the issue. please give a try and let me know if this helps.

UCCE Level:
* Enahble Multiline in PG settings (Config manager)
CUCM Level:
* Please ensure "Allow Control of Device from CTI" is checked in phone settings
* Ensure Directory number is properly associated with the device in line config (Directory number configuration)
* Modify the "Maximum Number of Calls" and "Busy Trigger" to 2 and 1 respectively in line config (Directory number configuration)

Thanks,
Chandra

In my case, we tried making a few different changes here and there on the DX650 but never got it to work.  I randomly was able to login to Finesse with the DX650 as my device, then my co-worker was unable to login to Finesse with her 9971 as her device - (keep in mind this was in a mock-up environment and it was only her and I as agents).  Since I saw this as strange behavoir and not making sense, we restarted the CCX server. Once it came back up, we were both able to login successfully and hadnt had the problem since.

Thanks,

EK

The issue could be the device(phone) state information not being received by the CCX server from CUCM-AXL service. So once you happened to reboot, the issue got resolved.

Thanks,

Chandra

Hi ,

I have two DX 80 - and configured as DX 80 and Telepresence .

In Finesse i am abe to login Telepresence device , but not able to login DX 80 device .

I am getting error The device associated with that extension or dial number is invalid. . below is the Jgw log

11:00:46:371 PG1B-jgw1 Trace: Address Name: 7033IP Addressing Mode:IP_ADDRESSING_MODE_IPV4.
11:00:46:371 PG1B-jgw1 Trace: AddCallObserver address validation failed - Address Name: 7033, error code: 154.
11:00:46:371 PG1B-jgw1 Trace: MsgAddCallObserverResponse: Addr: 7033 Succeeded: 0 InvID: 386773830 Cause: 154.
11:00:46:371 PG1B-jgw1 Trace: ThreadAddressManager::processNextQueuedMsg: msgHashtable.size = 0.

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

error code 154 related to JAL and DTAL error. Look at the below thread for the different error codes.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12579976/ucce-105-agent-unable-login

Hi Sasi ,

Please confirm , I am running on CUCM version 10.5.1 :  in ucce compatibility matrix under IP phone support Specific Device Notes .

DX devices require cmterm-devicepack10.5.1.11009-1.cop.sgn applied to CUCM.

May be the reason DX 80 not able to login in Finesse  ?

Ram.s

Regards,
Ram.S

Hi All,

Please confirm the below query .

DX 80 with android will support Cisco Finesse agent login ?

DX80 with Telepresence I am able to login with Finesse .

My query : DX 80 with Android window we need to access Firefox and  login to Finesse desktop.

The DX80  multiline configuration on the PG instead of a Single line .but no luck .

Ram.S

Regards,
Ram.S

on CUCM, restart CTI Manager. This worked for me.

Along with the above points. Don't forget to add that device in ATR. Today i faced the same issue again that is because of ATR. Looks like this is generic error message for different issues. 

One more thing to add.

In my case I had to add pguser to the following groups in CUCM:

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf

Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode

Only after that I was able to login as an agent using DX80.

Modification of the "Maximum Number of Calls" and "Busy Trigger" helped for me.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: