Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Factory reset E20

Hi

We have an E20 device,  this device have a password to enter in advance settings, the problem  here is that we tried to make a factory reset to this device and does  not work well.

I follow the guide by press ** presentation ##, the decive restart but with the same configuration.

Telnet or SSH are disable.

Any other way to recover this device?

6 Replies 6

amehla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jefferson,

You are following correct procedure to do factory reset, i would recommend you to remove unit from LAN and then try again:

To reset the Cisco IP Video Phone E20 to the default factory settings:

On the E20 keypad, press the following keys:

* * Presentation # #

(The Presentation key has the icon of an open laptop computer)

This needs to be done within ~3 seconds.

I follow that procedure, but when it reboots, continue having the same configuration.

Hi Jefferson,

Can you please confirm after doing the factory reset are you able to see and

Welcome message on the display and they system asking to enter

1 - User Name

2 - Password

3 - Domain Name

4 - External manager

Or booting up automatically without any Welcome screen which actually allow us to configure the device again.

Are you rebooting the system manually or it's booting up automatically when you factory reset it.

* Please make sure the LAN us un plugged and then perform the steps of factory reset.

* Please once "HOME" button before factory reset.

* Once you will factory reset it will come up and ask to enter the above details.

Please aviod this screen by select Manual mode. Just us up and down button on Welcome screen and select Manual where by default VCS selected.

* Manual and continue

I Hope this will work for you.

Appriciate your response

Same problem ...

i have the problem when E20 booting up it show below options and i have tried reseting it but it still shows the same screen

1 - User Name

2 - Password

3 - Domain Name

4 - External manager

i dont have any external manager and it does not show manual configuration option.

Please aviod this screen by select Manual mode. Just us up and down button on Welcome screen and select Manual where by default VCS selected.

* Manual and continue

I Hope this will work for you.

Appriciate your response

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: