Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to register TCS to VCS via Gatekeeper using Gateway mode

archie0109
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a TCS 6.0.1 and VCS X8.1.1,I cannot register TCS to VCS via Gatekeeper using Gateway mode. I want to enable Playback via end point. The TCS have a Premium Resolution installed key.

When using terminal mode registration to VCS was successful.

Any help very appreciated.

Regards,

Archie

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

E.164 Alias and H323 ID prefixes cannot be identical - yours are, so you need to either change these, or leave one blank. I only use E.164 Alias prefixes and have left H.323 ID prefixes fields blank and it works fine.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as 'answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What happens if you restart the Content Engine service?  You can restart the service from the TCS web interface, go to the diagnostics tab and it's at the bottom of the page.

If that doesn't work, do you see anything in the VCS logs where it's attempting to register, but fails?

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

E.164 Alias and H323 ID prefixes cannot be identical - yours are, so you need to either change these, or leave one blank. I only use E.164 Alias prefixes and have left H.323 ID prefixes fields blank and it works fine.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as 'answered" if applicable.

Good catch Jens!

When you make adjustments to the E164 and H323 aliases, and the TCS still doesn't register.  Try to restart the CE service as I mentioned above.  If that doesn't work, provide a copy of the Content Engine log from the TCS.

Tested in on one of my own TCS - drops registration as soon as I use identical prefixes, changed prefix and it immediately re-registers.

/jens

Hi Jens,

What is the TCS version is use in your case?

-Deepti

Hi Jens/Patrick,

Thank you for quick response, I already registered the TCS to VCS by using E.164 Alias prefixes only like what you said. Regarding playback number is it fix 3-digit random numbers after the playback prefix? 

Thanks,

Archie

As Patrick said, the playback alias is generated by the TCS.

I.e. in the attached screenshot I am using playback alias 99 and TCS generates the other digits, giving me a playback alias of 9931131, which is the number I would have to either advise all relevant user to dial, or add to the phonebook on the endpoint(s) with a suitable recording title.

/jens

Hi Jens/Patrick,

Thanks again. Can I ask question again regarding TCS and MXE deployment. What is the primary function of MXE without show and share application? 

Thanks,

Archie

The MXE can convert videos to various format types and sizes, it also has some streaming capability.  It can also add watermarks and in-video banners based on metadata from the TCS.

I've never heard of anyone having just a TCS and MXE deployment, most deployments that involve an MXE is used with SnS.  This is because the videos that go into the MXE can't be sent back to the TCS for viewing, this is where SnS comes into play.  SnS is capable of ingesting the videos from the MXE into it's video catalog where the TCS can't.

Here is a Capture, Transform, Share Solution Guide that gives an overview of each product and typical deployments.  You can also find more information on the Capture, Transform, Share webpage.

Hi Patrick,

my client current deployment has no SnS,so without SnS  the MXE cant convert the recorded video coming from TCS to other video format?

Thanks,

Archie

The TCS can distribute videos to the MXE, and the MXE can convert the video to other formats, but without SnS, you'd have to create a website or video portal to host the video yourself. TCS can only stream and playback what it records, and can't ingest video from other sources. This where SnS comes in, as it can take video from the MXE and add it to its catalog to be viewed.

thanks,

Can i ask question about integration to NAS?.is it required to authenticate using machine name of the TCS when connecting to NAS?.

regards,

archie

Using extern storage requires the machine name have full access to the location as well as a domain account that you specify when configuring the TCS to use external storage. The domain account most also have admin privileges on the TCS itself. If you check the admin guide, it goes over the requirements to use external storage. 

i already read the guide but still having problem..im not sure if tcs support not windows NAS? is EonNas5120 supported by TCS?

thanks,

archie

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: