Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed Traverzal Zone between gatekeeper and Border Controller

Dear Sir

I need advice and suggest about my configuration between Gatekeeper and Bordercontroller.

i have a problem in zone status . i have notice that "No Gatekeeper reachable" in Gatekeeper and "No active client" in Border Controller.

i attach some capture from GUI.

in Gatekeeper

GK zone status.jpg           

and this configuration.

GK traverzal zone.jpg

and there is on Border Controller

BC  Zone status.jpg

BC traverzal zone.jpg

all of configuration is no problem untill power down unexpectedly in my customer.

there is any wrong configuration or blocked by firewall ?

thanks for ur suggest and solution.

Best Regards,

Nanda

4 Replies 4

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

The unexpected power down might have broken the default links, have you tried creating a new traversal zone?

You can otherwise restore the default links using CLI:

xCommand DefaultLinksAdd - just be aware this will restore all the links to default, factory state.

The above assumes no changes have been made on the firewall, so this would have to be confirmed first.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Dear Jens

Thanks for ur suggestion,

ya, i was tried to create new traversal zone on both, but still failed.

if i try to launch that command, whether all zone configuration will be lost ?

yup, there is no change in our Firewall.

Best Regards,

Nanda

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Was the firewall by any chance also affected by the power outage?

If the firewall is dropping/rejecting any of the traffic from GK to BC, it surely would show up in the FW logs, so that's where I would start looking.

- Andreas

Nanda Harry Antono wrote:

if i try to launch that command, whether all zone configuration will be lost ?

The links will be reset to factory default, but make sure you have a record of your current configuration if you go down that route, so this should really be last resort.

In addition to what Andreas suggested, I would also do a clean re-boot of both the GK and the BC if this wasn't done after they came back on-line after the power failure.

I've seen a couple of incidents where the traversal link between VCS-C and VCS-E was lost, but was restored by re-starting both boxes, so you never know.

Other things to look at could be switch port configs, I recently had an incident where the subnet on a switch port changed after being re-booted after a firmware upgrade, rendering one of the media blades on an MCU inaccessible.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: