cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Faxing Issues

Bernece Johnson
Level 1
Level 1

We just moved our DID's from one set of PRIs connected to a Nortel opion81 to a Cisco  3925 router that is connecting back to call manager 7.1.5 via a SIP trunk. Since we have done this we have been having issues receiving faxes from out side locations. One location in particular is unable to receive multiple page faxes and sometimes has issues with single page faxes as well. The sending end gets a communications error when the send them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Vishal Mohanty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

My guess is that the T1s on this 3925 are collecting clocking errors (SLIPs, error seconds etc). Can you do a "show controler T1" and verify that?

If you do see those errors incrementing on the T1s, then the next step would be to check your configuration (show runn) output to make sure you have "selected" the PRIs using this command:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_3t/voice/command/reference/vrht_n1_ps5207_TSD_Products_Command_Reference_Chapter.html#wp1017019

and after adding the clock-select command, do a "clear log" and test the faxes again.

hth,

Vishal

Thanks for the input, but none of the active T1's have any errors or slips on them.

Hi

What IOS versions do you have on your originating (i.e. fax connected FXS) gateways, and on your terminating (i.e. T1) gateways?

Can you post up your configuration?

And finally - 'show voice call summary' when a fax is in progress will show whether t38 or some other fax process is being used. Post that up..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!