Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FindMe device disappears

I'm running VCS 7.0.3 and internittantly the users FindMe settings to forward to his Movi client will reset.  The user or our IT staff have to go back into the FindMe configuration and reset it to forward to the Movi device.  What could be causing this?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin

Is there any pattern to when the findme setting dissappear?

I would toss a recommendation to migrate to the new provisionin model, the provisioning exxtension. Findme management has moved from the vcs to tms now and the new model is considered much more stable and scalable. The old model may be removed in one of our future major releases of TMS so it might be good to start looking at this. There will not be any further fixes to the old provisioning model if this identifies as a bug.

If you still want to troubleshoot it i would consider opening a tac case on this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Martin

Is there any pattern to when the findme setting dissappear?

I would toss a recommendation to migrate to the new provisionin model, the provisioning exxtension. Findme management has moved from the vcs to tms now and the new model is considered much more stable and scalable. The old model may be removed in one of our future major releases of TMS so it might be good to start looking at this. There will not be any further fixes to the old provisioning model if this identifies as a bug.

If you still want to troubleshoot it i would consider opening a tac case on this.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

There really isn't any pattern I can discern.  I'll have to read up on the Provisioning Extension but I do currently use TMS to provision our Movi users.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: