Views
Helpful
Replies

FindMe issue

maciej_wilk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I have a very strange issue with the FindMe functionality regarding the Caller ID being presented.

I have the Caller ID set to  FindMe ID and it works only for one account... All other accounts caller ID  is the Incoming ID.

If I switch the FindMe configuration to be the  Incoming ID it only works for the previously mentioned account and every other account stays  the same - presenting the Caller ID.

Also worth adding is that all the FindMe profiles are working for every user - you can  call a FindMe ID and it resolves to particular systems.

Any ideas what might be causing this issue?

Kind regards

Maciek

9 Replies 9

awinter2
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Maciek,

have you verified that the FindMe accounts which Caller ID is not working for have a principal device set, and that this principal device is not also a principal device for any other FindMe accounts?

Regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the answer.

I have FindMe accounts created in the provisioning directory in TMS so all the devices are principal devices. The aliases are unique as they are based on phone numbers imported from AD.

Kind regards

Maciek

Hi Maciek,

do you see any difference between the device/principal device configuration for the working account and the non-working accounts?

If you can't spot the problem by comparing the accounts, it would probably be best to get a TAC case opened up for further troubleshooting.

Best regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yes, there is a difference. Under the working account besides the 4 principal devices that I have configured as templates in the provisioning directory I can see 2 devices that are not principal devices and have been created automatically in the past while testing. Can this be the case?

Kind regards

Maciek

Maciek,

what type of devices are these two devices which have been automatically created? If you have ticked 'Include Provisioned Devices' in the FindMe template in TMS, then these devices are likely .movi devices if you are using Movi for testing, but these should in that case also show up on the non-working accounts, assuming you have logged in at least once with a provisioned device (such as Movi) on these accounts.

Regards

Andreas

Hi Andreas,

Yes, this is correct - these are movi devices. I have disabled the "Include Provisioned Devices" after testing so that users are not confused. Now I have enabled it again to check whether the Movi device appears after I login with a test account. It did not happen. I have also noticed another issue - after clicking "regenrate findme" an error appears under tms agent diagnostics for "Verify that all OpenDS database indexes are in a consistent state". I can easily fix this but after running "regenerate findme" again the error reappears (the error appears either for the tms agent on tms or for the tms agent on vcs).

So it seems to be a problem with the replication, what do You think?

Kind Regards

Maciek

Hi Maciek,

index issues are normally fixed by disabling and re-enabling TMS Agent replication for the VCS which the index issues are reported with.

If your TMS FindMe template is not set to include provisioned devices, you will have to make a static .movi device in the FindMe template if you want FindMe source rewriting to work for Movi clients. In short, rewriting should work if the device URI of the Movi client you are calling from exists as a device in one (and only one) FindMe account.

Troubleshooting this further would be difficult without obtaining some VCS logs and screenshots from the FindMe pages on the VCS and the provisioning directory in TMS, so I advise you to open up a TAC case if you are not able to figure the issue out on your own.

Hope this helps,

Andreas

Findme and Movi are highly dependent that the provisioning works, so if that

is not given its not really worth debugging any further!

TThe sip server on for these accounts must be set to the exact name

used in the cluster name (that seem to hit as findme for inbound calls works).

Depening how complex your infrastructure is a call might not pass the VCS

which is running findme (simple example, findme on vcs-c, 2 vcs-e registered

movi clients call each other), then findme would not be involved and so the

uri would not get rewritten.

I had also seen a symptom where we had findme on the VCS-E, calls to external

were nicely rewritten, movi2movi calls on the VCS-E not. (X6.1 M4.2).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Provisioning works fine so this is not the case.

It seems that the issue was caused by having two exactly the same aliases for two different devices in a Movi account - like E20 and Movi (for examle 7267@domain). This was done to be able to make and receive calls from CUCM registered IP phones. The FindMe alias on the other hand was supposed to be dialable from videoendpoints and present a "friendly" alias to the outside world in the format of an email address.

I have configured FindMe the other way round, as suggested by Andreas and it seems to be working fine now. So now I have unique aliases for devices in the form .movi for Movi .e20 for E20. The FindMe alias is in the form number@domain and this is what an IP phone user dials. The only drawback is that when calling to another company the presented alias is number@domain.

Have you experienced a similar issue? Or what are your experiences when it comes to integrating VCS with CUCM in the most user friendly way?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: