Views
Helpful
Replies

Free space on Tms windows Server

ginowrief
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

How to free disk space on my TMS Server ?

For information, my SQL database is not local.

2012-10-24_13h08_55.png

Best Regards,

Firdaush

12 Replies 12

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

How do you know that its tms that consumes the space? If the sql is not on the same server as tms then this would not be the issue. You can rdp to the server and locate what is consuming all this space. If you can delete it then delete it. Its just a windows server.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi,

But if the SQL Database is in a remote SQL environment, How Can I delete old data?

In Cisco TMS Server I have configured to purge data every XX days, but isn't working:

The DDBB is about 12GB.

Best regards.

I see these main things which can consume space on your TMS (besides the SQL db):

* downloaded firmware upgrade files

* windows updates

* other downloaded / installed files on the TMS server (which in general should not be there)

Like Magnus said, open a remote desktop session and try to find what is causing the disk fillup.

I think Treesize is a nice tool to get an overview of your disk utilization, but there are many others.

Ask your windows admins to help you with that.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

My problem isn''t in Cisco TMS Server, it's in SQL Server Database which I have in a remote SQL Server.

Thanks.

Hi!

The first screenshot you showed was from your local TMS, and at least the 9% free space

will also most likely trigger a TMS ticket regards low disk space

But that would be on your local TMS and as you said yourself the sql database is on an external host.

Anyhow you should look into that.

Regards the purging, when did you enable it? Depending on when the data was generated it

might take some time to be purged.

As you said you want the call logs be available, but as Magnus said they consume a lot of space.

Thats a bit of a conflicting situation :-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

The first post isn't mine.

OK. Maybe I will try to expand the size of the remote SQL Server.

Thanks.

Best regards.

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

Is the tmsng database 12 gb or is the transaction log file large? It is indeed the database logs (Call history, audit logs etc) that consumes most of the space. Are you sure the database purging is in fact enabled? Even if you set the amount of days you need to enable this in the checkbox. If it does not work it is possible to clear it using a couple of sql queries.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Hi Magnus,

The tmsng_data is about 10GB and tmsng_Log is about 7GB.

Sin título.png

I have enable to purge data in TMS SQL but I think taht it isn't working.

TMS BBDD.gif

I don't want to delete Call Logs and Scheduled Calls (CDRs) because we get statistics from them. What checkbox do you recommend to enable?

And in the case the Purge Plan isn't working what files, tables or data can I delete from SQL Database?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

It would be hard to say why the database is so big without seeing the table sizes. Can you attach a table size report from the SQL server? From there, we can determine which table (or tables) is consuming all of the space. Side note: is there a maintenance plan configured on the SQL server to backup the database and transactional log and to truncate and shrink the database?

- Zac

Hi Zachary,

I think that the user to connect with our SQL hasn't permission to delete data. I am checking with my DDBB department.

DiskUsage.gif

I attached the SQL Report.

I think that there isn't any maintenance of DDBB.

Regards.

The tables sizes don't look too bad. I would recommend having your DBA's setup a maintenance schedule to backup, truncate, and shrink the database and transactional log.

- Zac Colton

Hi,

I forced to Purge Plan in TMS Server and now, my SQL Server has about a size of 2GB.

But the Cisco TMS 13.0 doesn't update the Size of the Database, follow showing the same size of database.

Maybe in the next Purge Data Plan will be update.

Thanks for the help.

Best regards.