cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

fresh webex setup in organization - thoughts?

Jigar Dave
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All,

there is a customer need to setup webex in the organization.

at present, customer is using bomgar to share desktop but it has some limitation.

I would like to know what sort of infrastructure piece needed to set up a webex environment. any documentation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jigar,

I think that webex services from Cisco are now integrated with thier Jabber Solution and you would have a great variety of products from Cisco in case you are looking for a UC Solution.

As legacy, webex used to provide only IM client , on the other hand Jabber has the benefit of :-

• IM
  • Presence
  • Video
  • Unity

Cisco also offer Jabber in two flavours - One is on premises and other one is on cloud.

Talking about on premises, you would have to buy the entire gear from Cisco which would includes the Server for UCM, CUPS, along with licenses.

And if you go for on cloud solution - then you would have to go for the client licenses and cisco would charge you for the Infra gear - on annual/monthly basis.

This was for Cisco Jabber which consists of IM, Video, Presence etc.

And if you want to go for Video only - then you would have the option for Cisco Jabber for Telepresence which does Video only.

For more information, I would recommend to get in touch with your Cisco Sales Representative.

Let me know if you need more technical details.

Thanks,

Saurabh

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ashwani Pande
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jigar,

You can take help from below sites.

http://www.webex.co.in/

http://www.webex.com/

Some system requirements information you can get from the same link and as below

https://support.webex.com/MyAccountWeb/systemRequirement.do?root=Tools&parent=System

Hope this helps.

Hi Jigar,

I think that webex services from Cisco are now integrated with thier Jabber Solution and you would have a great variety of products from Cisco in case you are looking for a UC Solution.

As legacy, webex used to provide only IM client , on the other hand Jabber has the benefit of :-

• IM
  • Presence
  • Video
  • Unity

Cisco also offer Jabber in two flavours - One is on premises and other one is on cloud.

Talking about on premises, you would have to buy the entire gear from Cisco which would includes the Server for UCM, CUPS, along with licenses.

And if you go for on cloud solution - then you would have to go for the client licenses and cisco would charge you for the Infra gear - on annual/monthly basis.

This was for Cisco Jabber which consists of IM, Video, Presence etc.

And if you want to go for Video only - then you would have the option for Cisco Jabber for Telepresence which does Video only.

For more information, I would recommend to get in touch with your Cisco Sales Representative.

Let me know if you need more technical details.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Hi Ashvani/Saurabh,

Thanks for your reply. I got some basic idea. atleast I will start something by this.

Thanks.

Hi Jigar,

Please mark the question as answered and rate the post accordingly.

Thanks,

Saurabh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: