Views
Helpful
Replies

FXS or FXO to cisco voice gateway

yepweizhi84
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

due to existing VG is always hang so we are looking another for cisco voice gateway as a replacement.

existing voice gateway (http://www.joyce.cz/produkt-soubory/data/webadmindemo/WELL/GATE3504/index.htm) is connect to the external sip server with montly subscribtion fees and we decided to use the lease line setup for voice gateway routing between 2 different country.

I'm not sure whether this is a right way to by pass the toll charges.

this is my draft plan, would like to seek advice for the configuration and thing to take care.

Site A and Site B is connected point to point by using lease line.

the initial plan for the connection is like this

polycom-->Old PABX-->Site A Cisco VGateway with 6FXS port <---lease line --->Site B Cisco VGateway with 4FXO port-->IP PABX-->polycom

Correct me if i'm wrong about the plan above.

Another thing to check is it Old PABX can only connect to FXS port & IP PABX can only conect to FXO port.

1 Reply 1

Steven Holl
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can purchase leased lines to do point to point connections via  analog between sites?  I've never heard of that, though perhaps it is  possible.

This will work in theory, but keep in mind that the Polycom on the Old PABX side will not be able to send a DNIS (called number) to the other side, so you will need to PLAR all of the calls as they arrive to the site B gateway to a single destination number (like an auto attendant or receptionist DN).

Why not just give each router a WAN connection and do VoIP between the two site gateways?  Then you get unlimited calls between the two sites (instead of 6) and DNIS sent in both calling directions.